Heaven (aka Torridon)

Some lovely images. Only crit is 'A Touch Of Colour' is just dark & flat (looks like an unprocessed raw file - there must have been more life in the sky than that, surely?) and doesn't fit the rest of the set for that reason.

Some lovely images. Only crit is 'A Touch Of Colour' is just dark & flat (looks like an unprocessed raw file - there must have been more life in the sky than that, surely?) and doesn't fit the rest of the set for that reason.

Thanks for the comments Toni :) I haven't done a lot to that one (for a change!) - just wanted to try a minimalist approach.

absolutely stunning no doubt about it.
Amazing photos my friend. Love this set, really beautiful and very eye catching.
Thankyou both very much - appreciate the feedback.

I must be honest it’s so beautiful up there a teenager with a phone camera could get a great shot so I’m not taking too much credit! :)

Agree. Those reflections....drool.

Would you believe it, in my post I originally wrote "This will have Steve Taylor drooling" but I deleted that bit......;)

I can only imagine how wonderful it must have been in that place at that moment.

Last edited:
"Cracking" set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Absolutely stunning set you have there , best bunch I have seen for a while (y)
Always love going up that area when we can find the time.
Nice one , thanks for sharing

Saw your comment on my Torridon pictures so had a search for yours. A very fine set of pictures. Shows the diversity of Torridon well with a good selection of pictures. Looking at the amount of snow on the hills you couldn't have been there long after me.

Thanks Scott. My stuff is a bit 'chocolate box' compared to your epic work but there's some great inspiration there for me for me next visit! The timings would have been quite similar I guess :)

Chocolate box never entered my head, all I see is a good selection of diverse pictures from Torridon.
On trips away you take what you're given with regards to conditions. If it's clear skies with fluffy white clouds then your shots will reflect that. If it's grey and miserable (favourable) then pictures will reflect this too.
The only picture I have issues with is The Torridon Forest.....there's not a tree in sight. :)

Last edited:
The Torridon Forest shot is quite sad actually as that is the name of the area so I guess it was all cleared at some point which is tragic really...

'Forest' in one of its early senses means an area kept by the local lord, or the sovereign, for hunting, not an area densely packed with trees. See also the Forest of Bowland, which is mostly bare hills.

From what I can recall from reading up on the Torridon forests a lot were felled purely for wartime needs. A couple of hundred years ago they were felled to fuel smelters to make cannons and then they felled even more to make ammunition boxes in the second world war. The Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve Mountain trail is a great wee walk up there. A favourite spot of mine.

From what I can recall from reading up on the Torridon forests a lot were felled purely for wartime needs. A couple of hundred years ago they were felled to fuel smelters to make cannons and then they felled even more to make ammunition boxes in the second world war. The Beinn Eighe Nature Reserve Mountain trail is a great wee walk up there. A favourite spot of mine.

Interesting - thanks Mark.

Back