Heavy Metal Rides

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

The local motorcycle dealership goes for its own advertising this
year again. This time, he asked me to produce pictures of heavy
cruisers, something more graphic and abstract. It should not show
any given model but inspire the spirit of hiway cruising for the new
coming season.

The only difference to last year is that he decided to skip the AD!

Bike%20634%20SD.jpg

My first motorcycle was an old very unreliable BSA C25. I had adjusted its idling to perfection, so knew its carburettor like the back of my hand. One Saturday when I came out the carburettor was gone! So having nothing better to do, and it being a sunny morning, I decided to walk to the local motorcycle dealers who had a big stock of second hand parts. As usual I carefully inspected each motorcycle I passed on the way. Every single one of them was missing its carburettor!

Arriving at the dealers I gave them the very specific model number of my missing carburettor. I didn't expect them to have exactly that, so I also supplied the generic fitting sizes of equivalents which would do. To my surprise they were able to hand me my exact specific model. To my even greater surprise as I carefully inspected it, it was my carburettor!

Before saying anything I looked around the shop. There were three big fierce looking bikers standing in a row with along one wall of the shop. They looked as though they were waiting for something. So I said nothing, didn't even haggle over the rather high price. I was fortunate enough to have a good job with good prospects. I guessed those guys had difficulty fitting into the economic wagon train. But like me, they were bikers. There's a deep cameraderie between bikers. I had no objection to paying my heavy metal tax. As I left I gave them a friendly nod and a grin.

Alas I've outlived all my motorycles. I can no longer see well enough to ride, or indeed drive. We'll see what happens after my upcoming cataract operations.

Is that you (Kodiak) in the exhaust pipe? TBH, I'd like to see the number on the air filter cover since I can't make out whether it's 1100 or 1400 and that makes a big difference. Still doesn't show what model or marque the machine is, just that it's a "big" cruiser (nearly!)

The capacity doesn't give away the model, just hints to it being "big" (although 1400 isn't that big! :D:D:D)

Just bought a 2294 (nominally 2300) triple. Pistons are apparently the same size as those in a Dodge Viper.

Just bought a…

My time as biker was finished with a domestic incident
where my left knee was damaged… no more!

BTW… how do you see a biker had a good cruise?
Just count the flies on his teeth :D! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back