Hedgehog (more photos added)

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
I spent today on a workshop learning more about Hedgehog and took a few photos too. The weather wasn't great as it was raining on and off with low light making shutter speeds slow and ISO high. This is a rescue Hedgehog. The rescue centre is a volunteer organisation so the workshop was about raising awareness to the current plight of Hedgehogs. Sadly they are not doing so well.

Hedgehog by Rob Cain, on Flickr

Nice pic,
We havent seen hedgehogs in our garden for over a year, we put in a house for them with no luck,
Sadly numbers are declining rapidly. I saw a few around last year but not many this year. Our enclosed gardens don't help their movements as they need a surprisingly large area to find enough food.

Had one in the garden 2 years ago , got a feeding station and house but never saw it again. Have only seen 1 live one this year that was crossing the road so stopped and put it on the pavement.

I haven't seen one in the wild for quite a long time now. Pity - cute little things. Nice photo - good colours, but just enough focus on the actual headgepig.

A lovely set Rob I first seen on your Flickr earlier tonight

Your additions are soooo sweet!
Too bad you could not avoid the very foreground!

Lovely shot

The most important things for hedgehogs are water which most people forget , food and shelter

If it's out in the day , pick it up and call a rescue it needs help

If it's small pick it up and call a rescue as its too small to survive a hibernate attempt

Don't put milk down , they're lactose intolerant :)

Nice pics Rob. The second is my favourite, lovely autumnal colours. The first is good but that bit of blurred green leaf in the foreground is a bit too distracting for me. The joys of shooting in natural environments!

Great shots. Especially the one with all autumn leaves and just the hog - great colour that complements the subject. [emoji4]

Nice pics Rob. The second is my favourite, lovely autumnal colours. The first is good but that bit of blurred green leaf in the foreground is a bit too distracting for me. The joys of shooting in natural environments!

That green is a branch of holly and I couldn't get out of shot as I had another photographer next to me. If only I had a pair of scissors with me it would have been removed!

Back