HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Superb shots for book and transport, really liking both of those a lot :)

Lovely long exposure, I'm glad you didn't convert that into B&W. Really great colours!

Trying to be a good girl and not travel to for my photography so for a while I will try and stay "local". This was taken with my mobile whilst getting my 10k steps in... no messing - its a fence :)

Fence
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
It's got a bit of an abstract feel to it, I like the motion effect too.
Transport - very milk water looks almost like boats in the snow
Works well for me Helen. I like the movement and the colours.
Like the transport shot you got just the right amount of blur and like the milky water.
That's an excellent shot, Helen. Love the subtle movement blur of the boats against the bland sky and perfectly still water. :clap:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.

It's definitely a fence :)
A nice bit of colour matching going on there, plenty of greens with greens to contrast against and green bokeh.
Possibly what it needs is a bit more green ;)

But seriously, you've done a good job with the separation given how much green is in the shot. (y)

I like your fence image, a lot. I think the way the colours are all very similar really works well and the bokeh is perfect. Great composition too.

It's definitely a fence :)
A nice bit of colour matching going on there, plenty of greens with greens to contrast against and green bokeh.
Possibly what it needs is a bit more green ;)

But seriously, you've done a good job with the separation given how much green is in the shot. (y)

Thanks.. the very funny thing is that I even nudged the green down a bit. Could be the phone camera... still a bit green when it comes to using it :LOL::LOL:

Reactions: LC2
As Tim said a nice bit of separation there, between the greens.

Its certainly a fence (y)

Excellent “transport” shot and yes fence is definitely a fence nice DoF to it though

It's a fence! And for a mobile phone shot is has an astonishingly good DoF!

I think this works well - suggested title: 50 shades of green.
As Tim said a nice bit of separation there, between the greens.
Its certainly a fence (y)
Green on green on green, with great clarity in the subject. Beautiful shot!
It's the colours that make this
Excellent “transport” shot and yes fence is definitely a fence nice DoF to it though
Nice use of DoF on fence I like the colour matching too.
Yes that is a fence indeed, love the colours.

Looks like green is good :). Thanks for your lovely comments guys.

It's a fence! And for a mobile phone shot is has an astonishingly good DoF!
Thanks Bernd. It's a new Huawei phone... given we have zero mobile signal where I live I selected my new phone based on the camera quality. I'm only just starting to use it and have to say am most impressed. Aperture can be stepped down to 0.95!! Not tried that setting yet.

Time on my hands so three shots posted this time. First went into the garden to get something like this...

Flora-2
by Helen Cannon

When I downloaded the results I rather liked the abstract nature of this instead... not sure how it happened - I think a combination of DoF and wind.

Flora-1
by Helen Cannon

Went for my permissive walk late afternoon and loved the light on what I refer to as "The Rogue Tree". This was another mobile shot.. rather liking my new phone and a damn site lighter than the usual kit!

Flora-3
by Helen Cannon

#3 could have worked for Fence(d), it certainly gives the feel of being fenced in.
I think I may have gone for #1 over #2 for flora, for it's simplicity, though I get your choice too as there are better colours in #2

3 Nice images Helen.
I rather like the perspective in #3

No.3 the trees is very good, bit off the right hand side to remove the half trunk on the right would improve the perspective maybe.

#3 could have worked for Fence(d), it certainly gives the feel of being fenced in.
I think I may have gone for #1 over #2 for flora, for it's simplicity, though I get your choice too as there are better colours in #2
Nice shots Helen, really liking the #3 shot.
3 Nice images Helen.
I rather like the perspective in #3
No.3 the trees is very good, bit off the right hand side to remove the half trunk on the right would improve the perspective maybe.

Thanks for the feedback.. looks like the tree shot is preferred.. might have a play later on. I am trying not to spend too much time in front of the screen during the day. The garden is starting to to look good :)

A nice set Helen. I do like the second one of the catkins and the avenue of trees is lovely.

Nice DoF and colours in #1 and #2, but I really like #3. Great sense of depth and perspective.

Fence
Really like the green algae on the fence.

Flora
It's the trees for me, I love the uniformity.

3 Great images for Flora I really like No 2 but I think I would pick No 3 I really like the pattern of the arch formed by the trees.

A nice set Helen. I do like the second one of the catkins and the avenue of trees is lovely.
It's the trees for me, I love the uniformity.
3 Great images for Flora I really like No 2 but I think I would pick No 3 I really like the pattern of the arch formed by the trees.
I Like your Flora shots, accidents do work some times.
Pete
Nice set, I like the trees most, a nic feel to it.

Thanks for you feedback. I might take the "proper" camera out (was a mobile shot) and try the tree shot again when the light is right with full gear.

Lovely image Helen It certainly wins the Cutey award nice use of DoF to lose some of the BG.

A lovely shot

Great picture with good separation from the background. I won't add a quip about mint sauce..

Back