HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Wild - love this, you've got the perfect amount of movement on the water and the composition is great.
Broken - good spot and fits the theme well, and more good movement (you seem to be the shutter speed master ;) )
Thanks Jim... definitely the master of taking lots of shots at different speeds ;)

Very good to get the blur, like the monochrome conversion and fits the theme spot on. As above a good spot.
Thanks Roger. Glad I found something on theme.

Wild - Very nicely captured nice and atmospheric.

Broken - Nice long exposure works perfectly for the theme.

That's an interesting interpretation, Helen.
It works well IMO

Hi Helen,
For some reason I have to play catch up with your photos... I never seem to get the commenting done weekly. I really like your long exposure photographs your wild photo had so much interest, the pier gave us all something to compare the wild seas too.
So you may not have got the broken subject that you wanted but I love its replacement, it has a sense of minimal moodiness in it. Stunning, thumbs up from me.

I like the different tones you caught, from the top, dark, light, dark, light. I like the composition too.

Hi Helen,
For some reason I have to play catch up with your photos... I never seem to get the commenting done weekly. I really like your long exposure photographs your wild photo had so much interest, the pier gave us all something to compare the wild seas too.
So you may not have got the broken subject that you wanted but I love its replacement, it has a sense of minimal moodiness in it. Stunning, thumbs up from me.
Thanks for the lovely feedback Heather.

I like the different tones you caught, from the top, dark, light, dark, light. I like the composition too.
Thanks Dominic.. the colour alternative was not nice - dark grey..pale grey..muddy brown so it worked well in conversion.

The broken shot is very nice, I like that, well spotted and executed.

I am lucky enough to live on the doorstep of parkland originally designed by Lancelot "Capability" Brown (shoehorn?) which was never fully completed. The current owner is in the process of putting the full plans in place.. including digging a new lake! It's English pastoral landscape at its best so in a brief bout of sunshine today I couldn't resist a postcard shot including sheep safely grazing :)

Hall.jpg

Nice shoe horn Helen (y)

Great shot if only for the best pun of the 52 so far!

Nice shoehorn indeed, good composition and the light is very nice too.

That's a beautiful landscape and well captured Helen. Bang on theme for me.
Nice shoehorn indeed, good composition and the light is very nice too.
Lovely landscape and an excellent shoehorn.

Thanks for dropping in and commenting.

How nice to have that on your doorstep! A shoehorn but I enjoyed the play on words. Was he the chap that developed ha has?
Thanks.. I have to drive through the parkland most days - sometimes you forget how lucky. I think Ha ha's originated before his time but he certainly used them a lot in his designs.

Hi Helen,
WOW great photo, it looks a lot like Petworth House, and once again that was designed by Mr “Capability Brown... beautifully composed.

Clever shoehorn link! Lovely shot of a great scene.

Given the lack of white stuff in my part of the world I had to scratch my head a little for Winter. However, one beauty of the season for me is to see the skeleton forms of trees which are normally shrouded with leaves. For me the soft and low light of this season is so much better than harsh summer sun.

Winter-1
by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Last edited:
BROKEN - suits the theme very well. Works perfectly.
ABILITY - We all like shoehorns. Me especially!
WINTER . great colours, snow would have added something but there you go.

Ability is clever and well within the remit!

Winter. It's not all about Christmas Card scenes, lovely wintry shot and great colours.

That works for me also Helen.
There's nothing wrong with a blue sky image in winter, I just wish I'd get some too.
Its done hardly anything other than bloody rain here for a couple of weeks..

Nice interpretation, as you say not much classic winter scenery for most of us.

Works for me lovely colours love the light catching the tree trunks
WINTER . great colours, snow would have added something but there you go.
Winter. It's not all about Christmas Card scenes, lovely wintry shot and great colours.
Very nice scene, nice light and colour.
Lovely lovely colours on the winter theme - where'd all the green go?!
Nice interpretation, as you say not much classic winter scenery for most of us.

Thanks all for the comments. The low afternoon light was lovely. I wasn't out to shoot the trees... literally drove past, did a double-take, turned round and got the camera out.

Its done hardly anything other than bloody rain here for a couple of weeks..
Same here... yet another grey and soggy morning :(

Great shot for winter, I like the contrast between the muted brown colours of the foreground and the bright blue sky!

Back