HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Lovely image Helen It certainly wins the Cutey award nice use of DoF to lose some of the BG.
Lovely use of shallow DoF there Helen. Lamby Lamb pops from the background really well.
A lovely shot
A lovely image Helen.
Definitely cute. Nice lamb portrait :)
Thanks folks... not exactly my most creative of shots but couldn't resist including it as we are surrounded by them at this time of year.

Great picture with good separation from the background. I won't add a quip about mint sauce..
Lovely portrait - and there I was thinking that it was just in time for Easter... :exit:
Lol.. believe me once they start putting weight on I see them as more tasty than cute too... the "Easter lambs" were born earlier this year ;)

I decided to go back to the trees that I visited for the Flora topic. What a difference a couple of weeks makes.. much more green and less stark.

IMG_6847
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
Lots of detail, especially when viewed on flickr.
I think that portrait works, giving you the height.
It would be nice to have something at the end of the line, but I suspect that's asking for the impossible at the moment.

I like it as it is Helen, its almost a no light at the end of the tunnel type thing ...
It just goes on and on and on ...

That's lovely Helen and good to see it as the spring foliage comes in. The framing suits the subject..

Lots of detail, especially when viewed on flickr.
I think that portrait works, giving you the height.
It would be nice to have something at the end of the line, but I suspect that's asking for the impossible at the moment.
Thanks Tim. I was a bit concerned about sharpness and detail as it was handheld. I don't like wandering around with my full kit and tripod - makes me feel like a criminal these days. We have acres of trees around us planted in this way so its hard to find any line with something at the end... apart from more trees :LOL:

That's very nice indeed - spot on composition - it's just missing a country pile at the far end of the avenue...
The trees are there to supply the country pile with fuel for its biomass boiler :)

I like it as it is Helen, its almost a no light at the end of the tunnel type thing ...
It just goes on and on and on ...
That is still a very nice composition.
That's lovely Helen and good to see it as the spring foliage comes in. The framing suits the subject..
Nicely captured and processed lovely lighting.
Thanks for stopping by and the feedback. I'm surrounded by these rows of trees and as they are so close to home have never put much effort into looking for a reasonable shot so its been and interesting challenge.

Very nicely done would be interesting to see it at different times of the year

My first foray into the Heavens Above :LOL:

Tried in the garden but too much neighbourly light pollution. I saved up my daily exercise and picked on Venus (about the only one I knew!) to try my hand at a bit of astro photography - actually only 50 yards up the road.
Standing in "social isolation" in the countryside and in pitch darkness can be somewhat creepy.. lots of rustlings and bustlings in the woods :runaway:
Anyway.. lots to learn in planning, shooting and processing... should keep me busy!

Stars
by Helen Cannon

Works well for me - I might have been tempted to lift the shadows in the foreground a bit to emphasise the gate (or fence).

Not something I have ever tried but you seem to have done well with this lots of stars visible

Nice first attempt Helen.
A lot better than my attempts (y)

Works well for me - I might have been tempted to lift the shadows in the foreground a bit to emphasise the gate (or fence).
Thanks Phil.. I agree and did try that but the high ISO made the shadows look too grainy. Hence needing to work on my technique and do so reading up as I am also wondering if the 5DII is a bit long in the tooth for good high ISO shots.

I'm now realising that it's not as easy as you would think so need lots more practice
Have you checked out the Night and astro section? there are some bloody amazing images in there, and they are a friendly bunch too, if you have questions (y)

Hi Helen,

Yep - you've won the cute award for your lamb! Nice shot of a new one :)
Excellent night sky shot. Getting a clear image with it all in focus like that isn't easy. Very well done :clap:

Nice astro shot - I tried these last year and found it much harder than expected. The tree silhouette works nicely against the stars.

I was intending to move these guys and get a better shot but looks like wet and grey is the order for the next couple of days. Took these critters in my garden on a sunny morning.

Link

untitled-1
by Helen Cannon

Nice low angle Helen., I works well as is IMO.

Very nice Helen love the lighting form the sun really held show the textures.

Nice garden sculptures i like them, you can’t beat a bit of rust

You’ve captured so many stars, it must have been a clear night for your Heavens pic. Lockdown has meant we’ve brought our telescope out after years of sitting in its box. I’m also a bit phased by being in the dark, not that we could go far from home at these times.

I like the colours in your more than one image. I’d love something like that in my garden.

Nice low angle Helen., I works well as is IMO.
Colours and composition definitely work for me. I rather like these sculptures [emoji16]
They are nice Helen, the texture shows up well.
Nice textures have been brought out well with the light that you had. Very nice image and nice subject too.
Very nice Helen love the lighting form the sun really held show the textures.
Nice garden sculptures i like them, you can’t beat a bit of rust
I like the light and shade that's falling on the sheep (rams?)

Thanks for dropping in and commenting. I too love my sheep... unfortunately the cat hisses at them and my friend's collie recently tried to herd them :)

Back