HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

I like this Helen. Tight composition with plenty of sharp detail.
I don't think any of the churches round my way have anything like this!
It's interesting quote how many posts fort this theme have been B&W this week. This one *really* suits it.

Another great start to the 52, great shot, and it just had to be in B&W, well done :)

Very nicely composed image Helen lovely detail including the Cobwebs! The B&W conversion is very nice too.

Thanks everyone for the great comments.. feeling enthused :D
That`s a lovely shot Helen, nicely taken and suits the B&W plus I bet the colour is just as good.

Here she is in colour.. definitely a colour too much for me though.

Colour.jpg

I don't think any of the churches round my way have anything like this!
The church is in Huntingfield and the ceiling was painted by the rector's wife (Mildred Holland) in Victorian times and attracts many visitors. Link here for more info.

Thanks all
Helen

View attachment 265294

The church is in Huntingfield and the ceiling was painted by the rector's wife (Mildred Holland) in Victorian times and attracts many visitors. Link here for more info.

Thanks all
Helen

Great start to your challenge Helen, I agree about the B & W conversion, it suits it much better and as you say, the colour seems to be a bit strong, although I'm sure the rectors wife made it that way to last.

View attachment 265294

Thanks all
Helen

Yes I see what you mean, the B&W is a lot better so a good choice to put in the b&w.

I actually quite like the colour version. It's very colourful.

Nice - the mono for me :)

The colour one is very colourful indeed. I do generally like colour over b/w but I actually prefer the b/w on this occassion.

The sun has definitely caught their hair a bit - but could make an effective high contrast B&W? Certainly fits the brief [emoji16]

Great shot, made me smile.:)

Welcome to the 52, Helen, and that first image is a really strong one to start with. Lots of detail and the B&W processing was the right choice to bring out the shapes and textures without the distraction of the bright colours (y)

The Pleasure(able) image of pigs in the proverbial muck made me smile. It would be worth another try to see if you can avoid the bright highlights in different light, but this one works well anyway :)

I think I would be quite happy with that. It's very contrasty yes, but that would fit a B&W conversion very well (it's almost B&W as it is!)
An excellent spot on your travels and bang on for the theme. (y)

As Dave says, you do need to post this in the main thread and link back to here. So that everyone has a chance to notice that you've posted.

Thanks for all the feedback. Haven't finally decided on the image yet so haven't linked to main thread. Let's see if I make it back for another attempt in better light.

Great image for Pleasure Helen they look very happy and other vote for a B&W conversion from me.

Great image for Pleasure Helen they look very happy and other vote for a B&W conversion from me.
I think I would be quite happy with that. It's very contrasty yes, but that would fit a B&W conversion very well (it's almost B&W as it is!)

Agreed.. B&W it is.
I ventured out again but it would appear that piggies don't like wind (!) They were all hiding in their arks.
This little chap came out to say hello but I think the other pic fits the theme better.

Piggy.jpg

Pigs.jpg

What could be more pleasurable than a mud bath? Great idea Helen (y)

BTW I'm not quite sure what you did with the linky, on this one as it didn't go to your thread.

I've waved my magic wand and it does now :)

What could be more pleasurable than a mud bath? Great idea Helen (y)

BTW I'm not quite sure what you did with the linky, on this one as it didn't go to your thread.

I've waved my magic wand and it does now :)
Doh! Thanks for fixing..

The original image for me, the b/w seems darker and just looses something for me

Hi Helen

Very good B&W conversion of your local painted lady, the colour version is far too colourful at that size.

Wk2, great idea for the theme, 2nd version (B&W) works for me, shows the stengh of the winter sun.

Pete

Thanks for the feedback.. I'll try not to do the whole 52 in B&W.

It's the black and white for me. I think it's the rim light across the backs, it highlights the pigs well.

Great take on the subject. I actually think there is nothing between the colour or black and white, they're both excellent.

local interests - I think in colour it's too much colour! The B&W conversion works very well and is very sharp

pleasure - great photo, pig having fun! B&W works well again.

Very nice Helen lovely textures and details in there great B&W conversion

I like the half finished wicker basket with the tools to complete the work in front. Nice mix and textures and colours and the B&W processing is very well done again.

Nice processing Helen.
And an interesting array of tools.

Back