HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Abilty - nice shoehorn lovely view.
Winter - works for me nice colours

A lovely depiction of winter Helen. The bare branches look good against the blue sky and the orangey brown vegetation looks well in the sunlight.

Although out with the camera for the next three days there is no guarantee as to getting something on theme so popped down the road to capture the Orwell Bridge which carries "The Road" (Cormac McCarthy)

Book-1
by Helen Cannon, on Flickr

Lovely image Helen, nicely processed too

Good interpretation of the theme a lovely long exposure taken from an interesting POV and looks great in mono.

Really liking your shots of late Helen. They are right up my street.

Wild and broken really work well and the flat light / sky just adds to them. Ability is very 'Shoe-dini'! Winter is nicely captured with lovely light.
Book isn't a book or bridge I know but the image is excellent. Love it :clap:

Hecky Thump. That's a photograph and a half! The sky is magnificent! As good a photograph as I've seen, since I joined this forum. I love it.

Thats a cracker of an image, really nicely processed too. And, a good take for the theme.

Lovely shot, and you got 2 in 1 for the theme there.
Orwell (I s'pos he's an author not a book) and "The Road".
240 seconds. Blimey! The timers on my old canon only go to 30 secs. I'm guessing you had an intervalometer?

Lovely image Helen, nicely processed too
Good interpretation of the theme a lovely long exposure taken from an interesting POV and looks great in mono.
Great clean image and processing
Hi Helen, lovely bridge shot.
Agree with all the above, plus love the sky in this great mono image.
Thats a cracker of an image, really nicely processed too. And, a good take for the theme.
Really liking your shots of late Helen. They are right up my street.
Wild and broken really work well and the flat light / sky just adds to them. Ability is very 'Shoe-dini'! Winter is nicely captured with lovely light.
Book isn't a book or bridge I know but the image is excellent. Love it :clap:
Hecky Thump. That's a photograph and a half! The sky is magnificent! As good a photograph as I've seen, since I joined this forum. I love it.

Wow.. thank you all for some lovely comments on this image - I am truly humbled! :ty:
For once I used the super stopper as it was very bright today. Given the 4 mins exposure I only took the one shot (patience not being my virtue) and a couple with a big stopper. Have to say that I was really pleased with the result which I wasn't expecting as I've had one or two issues with the super stopper. I have now realised this is my own fault for leaving a polariser on at the same time...

Lovely shot, and you got 2 in 1 for the theme there.
Orwell (I s'pos he's an author not a book) and "The Road".
240 seconds. Blimey! The timers on my old canon only go to 30 secs. I'm guessing you had an intervalometer?
Thanks for the comments and well spotted - I didn't make the author connection as its named after the river. Slacking in my shoe horning ;)
Correct on the intervalometer - my trusty 5D II spends much of its time in Bulb mode these days. I do like a long exposure :wideyed:

Love the bridge!

Great Image Helen, I would love to see a letterbox version of it. I Love panaramics.

Pete

Love this Helen. Really nice. The light catching the bridge, the moving clouds and the light behind the bridge really make it for me and it really suits the B&W treatment.

Getting this one in extremely early... not quite an archive shot but taken two days ago so hope that's okay. However, it fits the theme and the technique so couldn't resist using it - especially as I had just been looking at it when I saw this weeks theme...

Boats
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
Nice image, the movement of the boats jarred on me at first but after looking at it for a bit longer I actually think it adds a nice effect. Good job ;)

Very quick off the mark Helen, I like the slightly surreal effect too.

Yep - very nice shot!

not quite an archive shot but taken two days ago so hope that's okay.

It wouldn't be for me - but it isn't for me. There's only one real rule - have fun!

Nice image, the movement of the boats jarred on me at first but after looking at it for a bit longer I actually think it adds a nice effect. Good job ;)
Thanks Jim.. I think this will probably be a marmite shot :)

Works for me - there's enough detail in the shot that you can work out what's going on with enough movement to be interesting. Nice shot.

Works for me - there's enough detail in the shot that you can work out what's going on with enough movement to be interesting. Nice shot.
Quick off the mark (or well anticipated ;) ).
Liking the effect of the motion of the boats and ropes.
Very quick out of the starting blocks Helen :) I'm a fan of showing a bit of movement and the static posts hold it together. Very nice!
Book and Transport - great images for the last two themes.

Thanks for the comments folks.

Transport - very milk water looks almost like boats in the snow

Like the transport shot you got just the right amount of blur and like the milky water.

Book
When I used to live in Ipswich, I went over the bridge quite often, but never went down to River level.
Love the sky in this and the pov.

Transport
Really like this. Not much more to say really.

Back