2020 HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 31 - Static

Fuji Dave

Rainbow
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
That`s a lovely shot Helen, nicely taken and suits the B&W plus I bet the colour is just as good.

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I like this Helen. Tight composition with plenty of sharp detail.
I don't think any of the churches round my way have anything like this!
It's interesting quote how many posts fort this theme have been B&W this week. This one *really* suits it.

OP
HelenC
Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Thanks everyone for the great comments.. feeling enthused :D
That`s a lovely shot Helen, nicely taken and suits the B&W plus I bet the colour is just as good.
Here she is in colour.. definitely a colour too much for me though.

Colour.jpg

I don't think any of the churches round my way have anything like this!
The church is in Huntingfield and the ceiling was painted by the rector's wife (Mildred Holland) in Victorian times and attracts many visitors. Link here for more info.

Thanks all
Helen

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes

View attachment 265294

The church is in Huntingfield and the ceiling was painted by the rector's wife (Mildred Holland) in Victorian times and attracts many visitors. Link here for more info.

Thanks all
Helen
Great start to your challenge Helen, I agree about the B & W conversion, it suits it much better and as you say, the colour seems to be a bit strong, although I'm sure the rectors wife made it that way to last.

Fuji Dave

Rainbow
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No

View attachment 265294

Thanks all
Helen

Yes I see what you mean, the B&W is a lot better so a good choice to put in the b&w.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice - the mono for me :)

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
The colour one is very colourful indeed. I do generally like colour over b/w but I actually prefer the b/w on this occassion.

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Great shot, made me smile.:)

Fuji Dave

Rainbow
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
Welcome to the 52, Helen, and that first image is a really strong one to start with. Lots of detail and the B&W processing was the right choice to bring out the shapes and textures without the distraction of the bright colours (y)

The Pleasure(able) image of pigs in the proverbial muck made me smile. It would be worth another try to see if you can avoid the bright highlights in different light, but this one works well anyway :)

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I think I would be quite happy with that. It's very contrasty yes, but that would fit a B&W conversion very well (it's almost B&W as it is!)
An excellent spot on your travels and bang on for the theme. (y)

As Dave says, you do need to post this in the main thread and link back to here. So that everyone has a chance to notice that you've posted.

OP
HelenC
Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Thanks for all the feedback. Haven't finally decided on the image yet so haven't linked to main thread. Let's see if I make it back for another attempt in better light.

OP
HelenC
Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Great image for Pleasure Helen they look very happy and other vote for a B&W conversion from me.
I think I would be quite happy with that. It's very contrasty yes, but that would fit a B&W conversion very well (it's almost B&W as it is!)
Agreed.. B&W it is.
I ventured out again but it would appear that piggies don't like wind (!) They were all hiding in their arks.
This little chap came out to say hello but I think the other pic fits the theme better.

Piggy.jpg

Pigs.jpg

Cobra

Mr. Floyd
Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
What could be more pleasurable than a mud bath? Great idea Helen (y)

BTW I'm not quite sure what you did with the linky, on this one as it didn't go to your thread.

I've waved my magic wand and it does now :)

OP
HelenC
Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
What could be more pleasurable than a mud bath? Great idea Helen (y)

BTW I'm not quite sure what you did with the linky, on this one as it didn't go to your thread.

I've waved my magic wand and it does now :)
Doh! Thanks for fixing..

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
The original image for me, the b/w seems darker and just looses something for me

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Helen

Very good B&W conversion of your local painted lady, the colour version is far too colourful at that size.

Wk2, great idea for the theme, 2nd version (B&W) works for me, shows the stengh of the winter sun.

Pete

OP
HelenC
Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Thanks for the feedback.. I'll try not to do the whole 52 in B&W.

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
It's the black and white for me. I think it's the rim light across the backs, it highlights the pigs well.

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Great take on the subject. I actually think there is nothing between the colour or black and white, they're both excellent.

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
local interests - I think in colour it's too much colour! The B&W conversion works very well and is very sharp

pleasure - great photo, pig having fun! B&W works well again.

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
I like the half finished wicker basket with the tools to complete the work in front. Nice mix and textures and colours and the B&W processing is very well done again.

Fuji Dave

Rainbow
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nice set of tools Helen, highlights are handled well and like the dinky iron.