HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

That's lovely Helen. I love finding old doors and gateways when I'm out and about. Colour works best I reckon.

Very nice shot for old, I also agree, the colour makes it more interesting. :)

Some lateral thinking going on for this one. Inspired by two days of wind (of the weather variety :LOL:) I tried to recreate the liquid effect of barley rippling in the breeze.
It's the first time out since lockdown with full kit and tripod and I was surprised to find myself struggling with inspiration / composition etc.. it may take a while to get back to normal!

Barleyfield
by Helen Cannon

That's a stonker - needs printing BIG!

That's a cracking shot Helen. Nicely framed and exposed to capture the movement and lovely light.(y)

Your old shot is very nice, and agree that you need the colour in it. Understand your no manipulation principle but also think that the pic would be better without the modern fixtures.

Liquid is a lovely shot - a printer for sure!

I absolutely love the colours and painterly feel of this Helen. Very nice!
Excellent, love the colour and movement of the grass :clap:
That's a stonker - needs printing BIG!
Beautiful image Helen, love the feeling of "flow"...
That's a cracking shot Helen. Nicely framed and exposed to capture the movement and lovely light.(y)
Really like it. Good colours and motion.
What a fantastic image Helen, beautifully taken and great lighting a cracker imo.

Thanks for the great comments folks.. have to say after struggling for quite a while to find the right composition and inspiration I was really pleased with the result. At least got my motivation back on track :)

Your old shot is very nice, and agree that you need the colour in it. Understand your no manipulation principle but also think that the pic would be better without the modern fixtures.

Liquid is a lovely shot - a printer for sure!
Thanks #Shugpug - I totally agree about the modern fixtures but wasn't going to clone - had another door I could have shot without said light switch - doh!

GReat shot, the composition, dramatic sky and feeling of waves in the barley work well.

Interesting, I wouldn't have thought to use the long exposure technique like this.

Thanks.. it took a lot of playing to find the right shutter speed with the varying wind gusts to get something that worked.

Thought about heading out to a couple of local places for landscapes... such as Combs.. or Stoven.. :LOL:. However, last night picked up this very handy little lady. As she is a favourite household item I thought I would give her a showcase. Excuse my limited ability for indoor shots.

IMG_7272
by Helen Cannon

A smiley, happy bottle opener! I like the use of light and the DoF, the perspective is also great. What's not to like? Good job.

A very nice B&W image Joan. Helen
D-Small.jpg
Something to make everyone smile :)

Last edited:
Does that deserve a donut?
So we all know what happens when I have a few pages open and try and comment on them all
Corrected with added donut :D

Last edited:
A smiley, happy bottle opener! I like the use of light and the DoF, the perspective is also great. What's not to like? Good job.

Very happy bottle opener nice composition and nicely lit

I like that Helen lovely lighting and B&W conversion.

I would be quite happy to own that smiley bottle opener! Nice shot Helen.

Nice composition and lighting, and she looks very handy. We have a parrot for the same purpose [emoji4]

Nice bottle opener Helen, like the lighting and the jaunty angle.
Pete

Thanks everyone..

Works a treat that :)
It's a corker :)
Groan!

Beautifully lit - really nice. Taken on a glass hob?
Yes... I don't have any kit for indoor shots so background is top of the hob with lights supplied by mother nature via a skylight :)

Just catching up!!

Music - I didn't work out out the connection, but I'm not great at solving cryptic puzzles!!

Colourful - Great burst of colour, amazing how uniform nature is. My plant keeping skills are shocking so you won't see much "flora and fauna" from me!!

Something Old - Love the transition in the locking methods telling the story of how its changed, certainly looks a good candidate for B&W too.

Liquid - I can definitely see the movement, it works well, possibly the barley stands on its own as an image without the sky.
Very artistic.

A Household Item - Couldn't have a sad face opening wine!! Great control of the depth of field and the lighting is spot.

Back