HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Securely derelict, it would make a great Urbex if you could get in, I bet the aliens are hidden away in one of those sheds too :D

Secure
Nicely framed windsock.
I get a feeling of bleakness from it, as if a distant memory of what one was. Perhaps rather fitting during a pandemic where something like this on a far greater scale could have happened.
Looks like a place that should be recycled into something else rather than securely abandoned.

Thanks for stopping by and your comments.

Is that an old windsock?
Looks very bleak and foreboding in B&W.
Yes it is a windsock.. the airfield has been closed since the early 90's so it has survived pretty well considering.

I've just agreed to work a couple of extra days this week so am running out of time. A quick phone shot in the garden this time.

Eleven years ago I went on my first ever photography workshop on Skye. Four of the participants got on so well that we kept in touch and arranged another trip together, rented a cottage in Northumberland and had a week of pure photography. Since then it has become at least an annual event - if not more often. A couple of years ago I had to cancel as my mother was terminally ill. When I eventually returned home following her death a beautiful rose arrived on my doorstep from said friends. It is called "Tranquility" which is exactly what I needed at the time and I love to see it bloom.

IMG_20200720_200538

Last edited:
A sad, but heart warming story. So the Rose is a really good choice for personal.

Very nice Helen, especially as it's a phone pic. Nice to have such a lovely group of friends.

A nice ( but also sad) back story Helen,
and the rose's name is certainly apt, looking at the image (y)

Lovely. What a shot for a phone photo. Can almost feel the petals.
A sad, but heart warming story. So the Rose is a really good choice for personal.
Nice back story as Dominic says above great choice for the theme
Nice shot Helen, lovely story. Thank you for sharing.
Very nice Helen, especially as it's a phone pic. Nice to have such a lovely group of friends.
Lovely shot and the reason behind too.
A nice ( but also sad) back story Helen,
and the rose's name is certainly apt, looking at the image (y)
You wouldn't know it was a phone shot if you didn't peek at the exif, very nice shot and a very personal story.
Lovely delicate image for Personal
Great shot - a lovely gift from your friends.

Thanks for all the lovely comments - and apologies for my tardy response - I've had a bit of a busy week!

Where has this week gone.. for once I am late in posting. I'm having most of my house decorated so have spent days moving things from room to room to room.... too much stuff!
Another phone shot grabbed on my way back from paint buying :) I love the graceful curves of the rolled bales and managed to find one not wrapped in black plastic.. not quite the shot I wanted but you get the idea :)

IMG_20200728_144719-2
by Helen Cannon

Just treated my self to the same phone, and love this camera on it.
A really nice image too Helen.
Thanks Dave. I picked the phone for the camera (crap signal in the sticks so mobiles are often useless items). You won't be disappointed.. it is excellent.

Hmmm not sure about that one Helen,
I think we need a straw poll to settle it

:coat:

Interesting textures and light there.
Nicely & subtly shoehorned (y)

Reactions: rpn
Hay... are you saying I'm clutching at straws... someone will bale me out :LOL: :LOL:
Groan .. :p

I had thought of some of that but I didn't want to continue for fear of combining lots of jokes

:D

No jokes from me so I'l just bale out of that issue.

It's a lovely abstracty shot - and a jigsaw hell for sure :)

Very nice indeed - just abstract enough, and the curves are definitely graceful. Nicely thought out and unusual shot for this.

I think it works quite well for the theme in a roundabout way

Good concept for the theme, strangely there is a lot of interest in there (who'd of thought?). I like the use of light and the capture of the shadows too.

Yep well spotted and perfect for the theme :)

Graceful - nice pattern and shadows
Static - great find showing nature taking over

Back