HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

That certainly works as static. Well spotted Helen.

Well spotted, looks like it has been static for some time...
Yep well spotted and perfect for the theme :)
Graceful - nice pattern and shadows
Static - great find showing nature taking over
Well spotted, another few weeks and you might not be able to see it.
Certainly looks like it’s not going to move whatever it is
Lovely grab shot for the theme Helen.
Both good shots and suit the themes totally,
That certainly works as static. Well spotted Helen.
Definitely static... Nicely taken.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting folks. The decorating is done so hopefully will have more time to get out with the proper kit this week. :snaphappy::snaphappy:

Yup. That's not going anywhere nor has it for some time. Well taken and bang on theme.

Hi Helen.

Graceful - Not sure I get this tbh (unless you've stuff Grace into the middle of the hay bale and she's not been able to get out ;) )
Static - Mother nature has laid claim to that trailer, as you say, it ain't going nowhere in a hurry... Nice textures and different shades of greens.

Had some plans for this involving harvests and fields but the heatwave and time ran out. However, noticed this as I drove by a local renovation. I liked the patterns created by the light and the new and old wood.. also works for tech I think?

IMG_8366
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
Works for me on both counts - definitely a pattern in there from the repeating fence posts, and the old/new is rather nice. The tones, especially in the new fence posts, are lovely.

However, noticed this as I drove by a local renovation. I liked the patterns created by the light and the new and old wood.
Don't sit on the fence post what you really think Helen

(Ok I'm done (y) )

Interesting patterns to the fore and to the rear Helen (y)

Hi Helen

It fits theme and technique really well, love the contrast in colour between the old and new.

Pete

You're lucky I looked in to comment, I wouldn't have known you wanted the technique for this one (albeit yes it works for the tech),
I guess it's a fair guess I will probably comment (unless there is no link or it's a bug) but title and tech in the main thread??? ;) chuckle.

That's a strange thing separating the two fences, so kind of metal bar?

You're lucky I looked in to comment, I wouldn't have known you wanted the technique for this one (albeit yes it works for the tech),
I guess it's a fair guess I will probably comment (unless there is no link or it's a bug) but title and tech in the main thread??? ;) chuckle.

That's a strange thing separating the two fences, so kind of metal bar?
Oops.. sorry. Will do better :oops: :$

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
Took this last weekend but have only just got my office back together so couldn't edit until today.
I read about Lady's Well a while ago and wondered why I'd never noticed it given I must have driven past it a squillion times (it's en route to the A12 in Suffolk)... as it took me ages to find it you can assume its very well camouflaged! More info on the supposedly haunted well can be found here https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/weird-suffolk-haunted-ladys-well-blythburgh-1-6042927

StMarysWell
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
Nice find!

Camouflage
It's certainly looks to be hidden away and well camouflaged. I'd maybe tone down the highlights a bit.

Looks lovely in mono Helen and I much prefer yours to the press shot you linked to, where they've shot it at a funny angle to try and make it look a bit scary!

I went out yesterday to try and get a shot in as I am under the cosh today and tomorrow - no chance to get out.
I had every intention of trying to get something like this...

IMG_0593
by Helen Cannon

Unfortunately the weather was against me so the best I could do given I was about to be drenched was this.. two peeps looking tiny alongside the waves. Not exactly exciting but it gets me through this week :)

IMG_8403
by Helen Cannon

I really like the one with the yacht. The colours and light are lovely when viewed on Flickr.

New camera has arrived - now waiting for my free EF mount adapter, tripod mount plate, cable release - all those bits and pieces to get it to fit with the rest of my kit.
So still out with the 5DII. I decided to pay a visit to Mistley Towers for some infrared but there were lots of people around so instead headed down to Dovercourt. Despite hanging around for a while the weather wasn't going to play ball and light up the "lighthouse" for me so it wasn't quite what I was looking to achieve. Par for the course with landscape photography.

Dovercourt
by Helen Cannon

Lovely shot and really suits the mono :)

Very interesting subject, the right hand side of the wall is a touch distracting but appreciate there's little you can do about that. Would it work without the wall/path in shot?

I think you’ve made the best of the weather Helen, the sky looks good behind the lighthouse.

Lovely shot and really suits the mono :)
Thanks Dave.

Very interesting subject, the right hand side of the wall is a touch distracting but appreciate there's little you can do about that. Would it work without the wall/path in shot?
Thanks Graham. I deliberately included the wall for a change but understand what you're saying. I have various shots of this from a variety of angles. As the weather wasn't great I didn't play around too much on this visit.

I think you’ve made the best of the weather Helen, the sky looks good behind the lighthouse.
Thanks Pete.

Back