HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Tiny and Snappers choice, all 3 images are very nice (but i'm a sucker for a mono seascape ;) ) Nicely done

Choice
Love the clouds/sky and that slight reflection. I wonder if the wall is a little dark? But as you may have guessed, I'm no landscape photographer, so just ignore me if you think I'm talking rubbish ;)

Tiny works well and the moody lighthouse is great.
Tiny and Snappers choice, all 3 images are very nice (but i'm a sucker for a mono seascape ;) ) Nicely done
Thanks for your comments.

Choice
Love the clouds/sky and that slight reflection. I wonder if the wall is a little dark? But as you may have guessed, I'm no landscape photographer, so just ignore me if you think I'm talking rubbish ;)
Thanks Dominic.. looking at it again it you are right, it is a little dark. I didn't do too much processing on it so may have another look when I have time.

I really don't know where this week has gone. Suddenly it's Thursday and despite the new camera I have hardly been out.

Frustratingly I am still waiting for the EF adapter so I can use my lenses on the new R6 body. Canon are offering this free with purchase but my application is still "being processed". Equally the L-plate for the R6 isn't available yet... on back order. So the only lens I have is the RF 24-105 STM which I ordered with the camera to keep my going while my 24-105L goes for repair as its been playing up for a while. I have to say for a "cheap" lens the results aren't too bad. I stumbled across a field of sunflowers last weekend - this was taken in low light with quite a stiff breeze - 1/60 and hand held so the IBIS works pretty well. I love the central texture of these flowers.

086A1500
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
Nice shot, plenty of texture and detail there. The new R6 looks to be working well.

Frustratingly I am still waiting for the EF adapter
Frustrating indeed Helen! I hope it all comes good very soon :)
Lovely detailed sunflower nonetheless (y)

But at least you have something...
My 5d3 and 24-70L mk2 went in for repair just as lockdown was announced.
Didn't get them back for 3 months.
Fortunately little in the way of togging went on for those 3 months, and I had my Fujis for the stuff that did :)

Anyway... Liking the vibrancy of the yellow. Not going to mention the nasty bug thing ;)

Long time since I visited I have had a look back and love your very cute Lamb, and your night sky, I wish I could see that many stars from my back garden. The I like your floral shot in fact a flower that seems to thrive on neglect is one I could manage. I like your Barley shot the movement of the barley looks like brush strokes. I like your lighthouse and windmill too. The tranquility rose is beautiful and the sunflower vibrant. I must stop by more often

Last edited:
Feeling completely uninspired this week and in limbo with my kit until I get the Canon EF-R adapter which they tell me will be here in the next 42 days!! A brief stop at Snape Maltings in bad light but at least there was some activity on the river..

086A1547
by Helen Cannon

Nice shot, plenty of texture and detail there. The new R6 looks to be working well.

Frustrating indeed Helen! I hope it all comes good very soon :)
Lovely detailed sunflower nonetheless (y)

Lovely composition with that bee on the flower - especially with its complimenting colours. Hope your adapter arrives soon.

Hi Helen
Nice colours and the bee looks like he is enjoying a good meal.
Pete
Good textures, with the added benefit of a bumble Bee.

Thanks for dropping by folks. I am learning the art of patience - sort of ;)

But at least you have something...
My 5d3 and 24-70L mk2 went in for repair just as lockdown was announced.
Didn't get them back for 3 months.
Fortunately little in the way of togging went on for those 3 months, and I had my Fujis for the stuff that did :)

Anyway... Liking the vibrancy of the yellow. Not going to mention the nasty bug thing ;)
Thanks Tim.. my 24-105L needs a repair.. hope it will be quicker than that.

Nice interesting image Helen.
It looks nice and peaceful there :)

will be here in the next 42 days!!
That's outrageous :(

Sailing on a river sounds like a challenging activity - at least to get back to the starting point.

Lovely composition and place to view the sailing from. Hope the delivery estimate was pessimistic...

Texture: I like the textures of the sunflower, you've captured the centre really well. The bee just adds to the pic.
Activity: Looks like a great place to go sailing and I like the composition.

I'd read about and seen images of this place but when I went to investigate its now not easy to get a shot. It's a private residence and trees have grown up all around it. I couldn't get a shot of the rear without crawling into their garden. So not a technically lovely shot but I thought I'd post as it is quite interesting.

086A1564
by Helen Cannon

Looks like a normal church...

From the rear (had to find a t'internet version)..

By Davebulow at English Wikipedia, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6898500

Last edited:
I am surrounded by trees and have large tracts of forest/heather within a few miles so autumn should be a doddle, right? It has rained every day here since last Friday and in the occasional non-precipitation moments it has been blanket grey... photos of beautiful autumn colour bathed in soft sunlight - zilch!
In desperation yesterday managed to walk up the road and get a shot of the beautiful sweet chestnut trees that line the road.. Not quite what I wanted and not quite sharp as it was windy and had the ISO set low!

086A1648
by Helen Cannon

Last edited:
Nice one Helen and very Autumnal :)

That's nice and sharp, great colours.

My little dog hates them, they get caught in his fur, that how I found my shot this morning.

Pete

I agree with all the above, it works for me.
Its not quite autumn here so its been a bit difficult as you say. I think the theme came a little to early

The sunflower - really nice image, reat detail and lovely rich colours and nice to catch the bee at work too.
Activity - Looks like difficult conditions in that flat grey light, the image gives the impresion that it wasn't the warmest of days - them ticked
The tower - i'd agree that it's an interesting image although is it a little skewed or does the tower lean?
Autumn - perfect subject for the theme, lovely colours and nicely sharp.

It has rained every day here since last Friday
Same here Helen, and it hasn't quit either :(

Nicely done though, sweet chestnuts certainly are a feature of Autumn (y)

Nice one Helen and very Autumnal :)
Lovely autumn shot. You've captured the textures beautifully.
That's nice and sharp, great colours.
My little dog hates them, they get caught in his fur, that how I found my shot this morning.
Pete
I agree with all the above, it works for me.
Its not quite autumn here so its been a bit difficult as you say. I think the theme came a little to early
The sunflower - really nice image, reat detail and lovely rich colours and nice to catch the bee at work too.
Activity - Looks like difficult conditions in that flat grey light, the image gives the impresion that it wasn't the warmest of days - them ticked
The tower - i'd agree that it's an interesting image although is it a little skewed or does the tower lean?
Autumn - perfect subject for the theme, lovely colours and nicely sharp.

Thanks for dropping by and for the feedback.

Autumn
Nout wrong with that.

Wet
Looks good, nice light, shade and textures.

Helen, I am in awe of your Autumn shot, was this handheld? I tried getting some shots like this but it just didn't work. The composition and textures are brilliant.

I love your depiction of "Wet", a friend of mine always comments on a lot of my photos being monochrome, moody and minimalistic... but I love this style of shot and it certainly captures the essence in this shot of yours.

Back