HelenC's 52 for 2020: Week 52 - Decorate and finished..

Abstract
It does look like a very full day.

Showcase
It's a lovely shot. Very simple, but very pleasing.

Very nice Helen, both great, I prefer the pure simplicity of #1 (y)

I think we've seen that beach before [emoji6]. But that's a cracker and I can't see why it's a favourite. The reflection of just lovely.

Nice shot chosen. One of those time the horizon looks wonky but it isn't due to the way the eye weights the shot with the main subject at the left.

Very nice Helen. I agree with your choice, I think due to the more ominous clouds.
The top one could be the med in a storm...
It's a lovely shot. Very simple, but very pleasing.
Very nice Helen, both great, I prefer the pure simplicity of #1 (y)
I think we've seen that beach before [emoji6]. But that's a cracker and I can't see why it's a favourite. The reflection of just lovely.
Nice simple shot works so well
Nice shot chosen. One of those time the horizon looks wonky but it isn't due to the way the eye weights the shot with the main subject at the left.
Two beautiful Showcase shots. I prefer #2 which is the main photo thread shot.
2 very easy to look at images, I think you chose the right one.

Thanks for the comments and for your support during the year... hasn't exactly been a easy one for any of us but the 52 has made it more interesting and bearable.

Finishing the year with an non-landscape image but I couldn't resist including this old lady. She has sat atop the tree for as long as I can remember - I inherited her a few years ago when my mum passed away. She arrived before my older brother was born but still sports the same accessories and (most of) her dress which have been repaired on numerous occasions. Bizarrely, in evening light she bears a weird resemblance to Mrs Thatcher!!! Quite unnerving...

086A3001
by Helen Cannon

Bizarrely, in evening light she bears a weird resemblance to Mrs Thatcher!!! Quite unnerving...
The theme was decorate not scare :D

Nice finish Helen (y)

The Mrs Thatcher reference made me giggle. Lovely back story... and possibly Rembrandt lighting on her face? I've just been watching a YouTube video on it.

Well done for finishing the 52.

Lovely story to her, really nicely lit too. Well done on finishing.

The theme was decorate not scare :D
Nice finish Helen (y)
Lovely story to her, really nicely lit too. Well done on finishing.
Lovely lighting and lovely back story.
Well done on getting to the end!!
Thanks guys.. its been great to have the 52 to concentrate on during the year... a brilliant distraction.

The Mrs Thatcher reference made me giggle. Lovely back story... and possibly Rembrandt lighting on her face? I've just been watching a YouTube video on it.
Well done for finishing the 52.
@Bebop Thanks.. given I had to look up Rembrandt lighting it wasn't deliberate. The only light was natural plus domestic overhead - any resemblance to technical expertise is purely accidental :)

I hope she only faces one way - The lady is not for turning !
Quite a warm feel to the shot. Tungsten lighting?
Thanks @LC2 - see above for lighting...

It's good to have something like this which has special memories attached.
A lovely finish to your 52.

Back