HelenC's 52 for 2021 - Week 52: Showcase - critique welcome

I saw a similar sky here in W London at 17:00 yesterday, black clouds mingling with white, a bit of bright blue too.

A super image, I think the right amount of treetop.

Yep - bags of atmosphere!

What, no lighting bolt, that's just rubbish ;)

Excellent opportunist shot.

Love it, very atmospheric, good job.

I saw a similar sky here in W London at 17:00 yesterday, black clouds mingling with white, a bit of bright blue too.
A super image, I think the right amount of treetop.

Rough
What a sky, it's full of moodiness.

Yep - bags of atmosphere!

Well spotted! Beautifully lit cloud in the indigo sky. The trees on the horizon anchor it nicely.

Love it, very atmospheric, good job.

That feels great!

Thank you all for stopping by. It certainly was a fabulous sky - one of the upsides of living in a very flat landscape.

That’s a fantastic sky very unusual and nicely captured
Great spot and well presented
A very atmospheric sky, well captured :)
Thanks for dropping by folks. Lucky moment to go for a walk!

Gorgeous sky as Allan said. Fab lighting and I really like the hint of colour in the scene. I get where you're coming from with the theme, but it's not shouting out at me. Perhaps some motion in those tree tops might have helped... Still - it's a photo that's too good not to share :)
Perhaps it is a bit of a shoehorn but while I was being blown off my feet to get the shot it did feel rough :D . In normal circumstances I would have had a tripod with me and tried for some tree movement too but these days I head out with camera over shoulder and single lens which is slightly restrictive - to get the cloud sharp sacrifices had to be made!

That’s a great sky, for me the white cloud makes it, otherwise it’s just a grey sky. I live in Glasgow though, so I am somewhat numbed to such things!

That stark white against the menacing grey gives a lovely point of interest and some great contrast.

That's a fabulous image. What an incredible capture of the menacing sky in the background with the isolated sun-lite white cloud. :clap:
Thanks Stan.. I do like a dramatic sky too.

That’s a great sky, for me the white cloud makes it, otherwise it’s just a grey sky. I live in Glasgow though, so I am somewhat numbed to such things!
That stark white against the menacing grey gives a lovely point of interest and some great contrast.
Thanks @kh_42 - we get our fair share of grey sky in East Anglia too.

What a fantastic rough sky shot that is, love it.
Thanks Dave.

Good shot and lol at the audience :)

That's a lovely sunset image, clouds on the water.

Smooth is very nice, great colours.

Lovely reflections on smooth water Helen.

That's really nice, the tones, the reflections... the lot. Kinda makes you want to be there.

properly smooth water and a good sunset very nice image
Gorgeous lake reflection
Good shot and lol at the audience :)
That's a lovely sunset image, clouds on the water.
That's nice that is.
An eye catching shot Helen, sunsets are always a winner, super crisp reflections.
Lovely sunset and smooth water, nicely captured. What a lovely spot!
That water is super smooth, excellent reflection
Smooth is a cracking shot, lovely smooth water and a great sunset reflection.
Smooth is very nice, great colours.
Lovely reflections on smooth water Helen.
That's really nice, the tones, the reflections... the lot. Kinda makes you want to be there.
This is so wonderful. The colours are perfect and the reflection is amazing :love:
Smooth
A lovely serene peaceful scene well captured. I'm sure the audience agree too.
Smooth
Perfectly mirror like.
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I am lucky to have this spot just a field away from my house.

I was hoping to get out again today but stuck here waiting for a parcel collection so it will have to be one I took earlier this week.
Its that time of year again: this pair were the first of many and only a few hours into being alive. Spring has sprung

PW6A4599
by Helen Cannon

That's definitely the epitome of spring Helen :)

Very much Spring. Got a photo of some lambs myself today! Nice composition working in (presumably) parent and children.

Alive
A good looking pair of twins. Nicely filling the frame too.

That's definitely the epitome of spring Helen :)
Nice one, you got the whole family!
Nice take on the theme
Lovely shot of Spring Helen. The lamb on the left looks to be very happy and smiling :)
Very much Spring. Got a photo of some lambs myself today! Nice composition working in (presumably) parent and children.
Alive
A good looking pair of twins. Nicely filling the frame too.

Thanks guys. It always feels like spring is here when you see the lambs... errr, especially through the snow!!!

So much for getting out. Lockdown + Easter + school holidays = tourist bonanza... so have stayed mainly on the plain...

A very traditional Easter... daffs and church!

PW6A4628
by Helen Cannon

Back