Critique Helensburgh Reservoir, firey sundown and others

Steve, for me the pontoon over the reservoir in the first three doesn't really work; a pity since it's certainly the sort of thing I would try myself! I really like the last one. Perhaps better separation of the line of trees from the hills behind would improve it, but you are so dependent on the available light for that. The partial reflection really adds to it, probably more than a full reflection.

Reactions: ST4
The light in all four is beautiful the colours deep and rich love deep reds in the first two and the cool blue in the third. But I'm not sure the composition or subject matter work, well not for me anyway. I feel the last one is the best of the bunch, the dramatic sky and the partial reflection make it stand out for me.

The light in all four is beautiful the colours deep and rich love deep reds in the first two and the cool blue in the third. But I'm not sure the composition or subject matter work, well not for me anyway. I feel the last one is the best of the bunch, the dramatic sky and the partial reflection make it stand out for me.

It to be fair was all I could get to at the time...LOL. Had I been able to be up Glencoe/Rannoch Moor/Ben Lomond/Loch Lomond I would have been there ;)

I actually quite like them Steve, with no.4 the pick for me compositionally wise even though it is a little on the dark side.

I actually quite like them Steve, with no.4 the pick for me compositionally wise even though it is a little on the dark side.

It is a little on the dark side, you should see the raw. Even with the D800 the strong brightness in the sky and reflections against the dark green made even using grads tricky.

Had I arrived 5mins earlier the image would be better. The full res holds up, just, but there is a bit more noise and colour noise as I had to push it from the under exposed raw

Back