Critique Hello from Joanna Kustra

Edit My Images
No
Hello all,

as a way to say hi I wanted to post some of my work for you to comment on. I welcome all the suggestions.

91a15883-b06e-4000-a7dc-1ca5b76a47a8_rw_1200.jpg

bc7494e7-c352-4db0-a053-389f97d63a44_rw_1200.jpg

f1bf8ecf-2ff1-4eb1-aeb4-faf2f1a0a91d_rw_1200.jpg

4b37cc9b-63eb-46a1-82a9-f4993c392a30_rw_1200.jpg

3852c360-6fe9-411f-aef9-c98128b95106_rw_1200.jpg

1c36d5ae-eb58-433a-9055-a7b4c11605b7_rw_1200.jpg

c78c0086-e73f-4fa6-a238-eda0c0091e69_rw_1200.jpg

Hello and welcome to TP
They're beautifully shot.
Is this work a team effort or is the styling down to you as the photographer?

Last edited:
Well Joanna , I think you work is something to aspire to.
#6 is my favorite

Gob smacked!! these are some seriously cool pics. #6 is my fav.

Agree great photos, Just one minor point, be aware or the catchlight in the eyes. In the first photo the pupils in the eyes have been almost obliterated by the catchlight . Just a suggestion of getting the model not to look directly at the camera maybe a slight head turn or her looking slightly to one side say . Worth a try anyway.
I don't do portraits, so it shows how little I know on this subject, but you did write " I welcome all the suggestions. "

Last edited:
absolutely stunning. number 3 is my favourite.
just one comment on the first one as you did ask.
I don't think the model will like that image because her jaw looks enormous on her left side. if you had turned her head slightly or styled the hair so that it covered the jaw a bit.

Seriously good work, apart from being beautifully lit, make-up and hair the model looks at ease and never bored.

These are fab for sure !
Hello and welcome to TP
They're beautifully shot.
Is this work a team effort or is the styling down to you as the photographer?

Google & Youtube ?

Gaz

You work is of the standard I aspire to, but have never reached. My favourite is number 1, the way you have lit her hair is masterful.

Superb shots, some lovely work on your website :)

Absolutely stunning images. Love them. And the Neon streets BTS video on your website is fantastic too

Last edited:
Never mind tapping on the door, popping your head round and saying 'Hi', you've just smashed the door off its hinges with this work!
Clinically beautiful.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed when someone joins up, posts once (by way of introduction!) includes a few images of their best work and ask for "comments and suggestions" and don't bother coming back to at least like or thank all those members that have bothered to look at the pictures, comment and lavish praise upon them?

I've seen it a fair few times...… :confused:

Is it just me, or does anyone else get annoyed when someone joins up, posts once (by way of introduction!) includes a few images of their best work and ask for "comments and suggestions" and don't bother coming back to at least like or thank all those members that have bothered to look at the pictures, comment and lavish praise upon them?

I've seen it a fair few times...… :confused:

It is a bit odd isn't it. :)

I don't expect a like just because I have commented on a person's photos, possibly but not really necessary a "thanks" post maybe.
With the quality of this work I could imagine the OP is a working pro? Maybe a bit of slack re getting back to us? At least for a while, might indicate we're generally a nice bunch?
Website joannaKustra.com

Last edited:
She's very much a working pro, but perhaps this was an attempt at publicity/SEO more than actually getting involved in the forum. Or maybe she's seen what an 4rsey bunch we are and decided she wan't nothing to do with a lot of grumpy old men. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt, just in case.......

Last seen Oct 24, 2019

Back