Helo exercise RAF Leeeming

Yes it was the fence. I had nothing to stand on to get above the fence line. No fiters used. Just edited in different ways in Lightroom.

The first is the best, crisp, heat haze, interesting angle and I like the crew member looking out

Cheers guys. I was hoping to get over to Spadeadam today to see if there were any movements, or Apaches. Unfortunately, weather is shockingly bad.

Great shots, we've not had anything interesting in for a couple of weeks. We had a low flying Tonka passed yesterday but he had come and gone before I could get to my window, let alone get the camera ready.

The fence is visible in the Chinook shot because you’ve shot at f/18 - the narrower the aperture, the more visible the fence will be. If you’d shot wide open then the lens would probably have ‘looked past’ the fence. Of course a wider aperture would have resulted in a higher shutter speed, this reducing prop blur, but reducing the ISO from 320 to 100 would have given a lower shutter speed at a given aperture.

Great tips thanks. I needed some background detail so was nervous about opening it up.

Last edited:
Back