Help choosing photo for magazine cover competition

Which one of these photos can you see on the cover of a magazine?

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 15 44.1%

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 11 32.4%

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • None of the above :'(

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Name
Rowan
Edit My Images
No
Hey everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this but settled in this sub-forum due to the style of the images. I'm thinking of entering a competition for the front cover of an art magazine called Evolver and was wondering if anyone had any comments as to which of these images would look best as a magazine cover (I photoshopped in the name to give a better idea)? You're allowed to send in up to 3 prints but I feel like just sending my best one would make a better impression.

Thanks for your help!

Rowan

PS: I added a poll as well just for fun.

34307210522_023986e4cd_b.jpg

33624781584_f891c208a8_b.jpg

34425628636_a8015b5b97_b.jpg

33624805734_053d30ecef_b.jpg

34425649926_075006c251_b.jpg

Voted, but had to reduce the size of my screen to view the full photograph.

Cheers.

Thanks! Yeah I've had to do that too, is there any way of reducing the size of the images until you click on them?

I guess it depends quite a lot on the editorial tone of the magazine but I've voted regardless :)

Voted. Nice shots. I think the splashes of colour help the last 2 seem less sparse. I thought number 3 was a little bit too busy for a magazine cover, Not enough usable space for any cover info.

Thanks! Yeah I see what you mean about three.

I guess it depends quite a lot on the editorial tone of the magazine but I've voted regardless :)

Thanks! After having looked at their site and their magazine it seems they don't do much photography stuff, but the rules were open to any medium. I've got a screenshot of some of their covers from their website (hope it's allowed to post here) to give some idea of their previous covers.

evolver-covers-sml.jpg

And the result of the poll only goes to prove why photographers and designers never choose the same pictures.

Art editors never pick the best shots...well, hardly ever!

Back