Help for a friend

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, a friend of mine has asked me to edit this photo for his mates mum. The guy in the photo was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident and has been left brain damaged. his mum took this photo just before the accident and wants to put it on a wall at home. so here's the problem whilst I have been doing photography for many years my editing skills are not great. The mum doesn't like the messy background and asked if my mate, knew anyone who could edit it for her. This is a favour for my mate and I told him I'm not that good but I probably know some great people who could help me out.

points to note
1 I'm not precious about the image it's not mine.
2 the photo looks like it was taken on a phone so not the best quality
3 If I could get a couple or three different edits I could let my mate show them to the mum and make a final decision
4 sorry guy's and girls no prizes for the "winner" ;)
she would like the photo to just have a plain background but I was more thinking a brick wall with graffiti on it anyway over to you I know you'll come through
cheers Mike.

not my photo by Mike Rockey, on Flickr

Hi great start hope you don't mind if i wait for a few more to give my mate something to show then maybe refine thanks for your time :banana: @mickledore ld

Last edited:
No problem. I can see lots of faults in them, but they are a bit rushed and I'm a bit too close to them! !!

any chance someone could put this bike on "route 66"?

Last edited:
Just had a try, but can't find a big enough image of Route 66. If you can find one I'll do it for you.

Would it help if the background was blurred or how about changing the background for a studio like background?

I think it would be better if it was done without a Route 66 or a wall with graffiti background, because um, surely the biker's mum wants to look at her son on the bike, not get distracted by a good looking background?

Also because of the camera never lies ideology, as the biker's mum gets much older, then as an old person, she would start to believe her son did go to America if she sees the Route 66 background.

I would image that from the sounds of it, the mum wants to focus on seeing her son, not getting distracted by a background, because sounds like she wants to remember her son before the accident.

Well, you did say: "she would like the photo to just have a plain background but I was more thinking a brick wall with graffiti on it anyway over to you I know you'll come through"

So it may sounds like she only wants to look at her son on the bike, not be interested in a good looking background.

Last edited:
Can you share the original? 1024x576 is relatively small res for this kind of thing (plus you've disabled downloading on Flickr)

Can you share the original? 1024x576 is relatively small res for this kind of thing (plus you've disabled downloading on Flickr)

Sorry about the disabled download I’ll fix that now just have a go it seems his mum has seen the 1st couple and quite likes the idea of something different (changed her mind about the background) cheers mike.

all fixed now i hope @Major Eazy you know what women are like changed her mind before i even saw my mate again;) seems the background needs " jazzing up" i think i have fixed the flickr problem so should be good to download full size now cheers mike

Thanks all for you efforts i'll run them by my mate hand get back to you cheers mike

Back