Help Needed with Printing Posters on an A4 printer

Edit My Images
Yes
Do any of you lot know much about printer settings?

I want to build a big poster which will be printed on multiple sheets of A4, then hung in clip frames next to each other like a kinda mosaic.

My printer prints edge-to-edge so I created my poster in photoshop, then cut lots of pieces out of it and pasted them all into new A4 sized documents and saved them as images then printed them off.

I got the effect I wanted but one thing is annoying me. Although the images print edge-to-edge/borderless a bit of the image (a few mm) at the sides is missing so to make it look right I have to leave a small gap between each clip frame and although t looks alright, it's not the effect I quite wanted.

So, how do I print at A4, borderless, without losing any of the image. Do I need to leave some overlap/bleed or something and if so how do I know how much? Google isn't being any help because I don't know the exact terminology of what it is I'm asking.

Cheers,

Last edited:
photoshop has a fit to page option which clips the edges off the shot, make sure this is not checked. hth mike. (y)

Usually the printer will print over the edges of the paper to ensure that it is truly borderless so it will zoom into your perfect A4 image a bit. The only solution I can think of is either pay for a poster, or print non borderless and trim, then put them in clip frames one size down

If you are printing with a canon on some there is a setting to tell it how much to overlap the edge in the borderless options tab.
Otherwise work out how much is missing and increase the canvas size with a border by that ammount to allow for it

Back