Help Needed

Name
Barrie
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys I need some advice
I have a nikon D750 and a sigma EM-140DG ring flash that I purchased second hand from Mifsuds in Brixham unfortunately I have a "chip" issue between flash and camera and they aren't compatible so Mifsuds very kindly sent it off to sigma for me at no cost to be re-chipped sigma have returned the flash and I still have the same problem Mifsuds have offered that I can either take it back and they will send it back to sigma or I can have a full refund or I can trade it up against a new sigma which I know works with the D750
But.......
with the ring flash I found the light quite harsh and difficult to diffuse.......
the question I need to ask is this I have seen a second hand Nikon R1C1 Commander if I return the sigma I can afford the nikon system I think I would have more chances of diffusing the light with the nikon than the ring flash does anyone have any experience with the nikon either good or bad or should I just return it and get another speed light

your opinions please

Last edited:
I have no experience with Nikon or ringflashes, but I wouldn't mess about if you are already having problems. A speedlight will likely do what you need, unless you have a particular reason for wanting a ringflash.

Back