Help please; does anyone know what this is?

Edit My Images
Yes
I saw this tonight, and it struck me as very odd. There seems to be a perfectly round, wide ring in the night sky, around the moon. The area outside was lightly clouded, but inside (to the naked eye) was clear. The ring was quite distinct. I've tried to edit the photo to close to what my eye saw, as the camera captured something fairly different. Any ideas what this is?

DSC_0023 by Luke Case, on Flickr

According to folklore, a ring around the moon in the UK is supposed to predict the arrival of snow... so perhaps put an extra blanket on the bed tonight and set the alarm for about 10am tomorrow morning and practice your hibernation skills!

According to folklore, a ring around the moon in the UK is supposed to predict the arrival of snow... so perhaps put an extra blanket on the bed tonight and set the alarm for about 10am tomorrow morning and practice your hibernation skills!
No snow here this morning, but I'm beginning to think my car may float away in all this rain...

Snow due in Wales today apparently. :eek:

It's supposed to be raining here now according to the forecast, but nothing yet. It's supposed to be sunny intervals tomorrow; hope so as I want to go out and take some obligatory autumn colour photos. :)

Noah would be happy here this morning!

Noah would be happy here this morning!
Ah so that's where he went! I did see him sailing west yesterday afternoon!
At least this, time he seems to have picked up all the unicorns and dinosaurs around here (y)

It's supposed to be raining here now according to the forecast, but nothing yet. It's supposed to be sunny intervals tomorrow; hope so as I want to go out and take some obligatory autumn colour photos. :)

Get in there quick. After a hard frost last night it was literally raining leaves this morning.
I was half expecting snow as less than an hour after de-icing my car I was getting soaked.

Back