Help with canon pro10s

Says to me that GY has either exhausted or blocked and likewise for R !

AFAIK if blocked the ink level monitor will still show as ink present?

On my much more humble TS8250 I keep an eye on the level monitor until I get the X warning and then print a nozzle check....if it shows as ok I have learned that I can still get approx 20 more sheet of A4 out

PS my printer really does drink the Cyan way quicker than the others....oh, and the PB Photo Blue has to my surprise gone down even though I print very few photos!

Last edited:
Grey always runs out quicker than the rest on my Pro10

I think you will need more ink and use the cleaning options to get it running properly, won't be cheap.
Didn't use mine for a while and ended up needing over half a cartridge of all colours to get going again properly

Last edited:
Did you ever get this sorted out?

Just fired up my Pro 10 after a few months lying idle and remembered this thread.
It went surprisingly well although it did use a bit of ink going through its various cycles.
No clogged nozzles and after a couple of test prints ordered a new set of inks, forgot how much fun printing is.

Last edited:
Did you ever get this sorted out?

Just fired up my Pro 10 after a few months lying idle and remembered this thread.
It went surprisingly well although it did use a bit of ink going through its various cycles.
No clogged nozzles and after a couple of test prints ordered a new set of inks, forgot how much fun printing is.
No I gave up :-( I suspect another set of inks run through it may help but at £140 a pop I dont want to take a gamble. £140 would get me a lot of prints from DSCL. I would love to get it working though

No I gave up :-( I suspect another set of inks run through it may help but at £140 a pop I dont want to take a gamble. £140 would get me a lot of prints from DSCL. I would love to get it working though

That's a shame, its a lot of money to spend hoping it will work properly afterwards.
Just bought ten cartridges for pennies over 100 quid, wondering about getting a cheaper A3 printer that takes six inks.

That's a shame, its a lot of money to spend hoping it will work properly afterwards.
Just bought ten cartridges for pennies over 100 quid, wondering about getting a cheaper A3 printer that takes six inks.
Yes ive been looking for a cheaper replacement that is easier to run but im struggling. I dont think ill find anything as good as the 10pros for less money
Im pretty gutted and maybe once im back to work (wedding photographer) I may have a few spare pound notes to throw an more ink and take the chance

Yes ive been looking for a cheaper replacement that is easier to run but im struggling. I dont think ill find anything as good as the 10pros for less money
Im pretty gutted and maybe once im back to work (wedding photographer) I may have a few spare pound notes to throw an more ink and take the chance

I'm considering the IP8750, think it will be fine for hobby use which is all I need.
If the IP7250 A4 machine is anything to go by this sort of basic printer should do a decent enough job.

Obviously won't be as good, for a start its ink against pigment and missing the chroma optimiser.
This is likely to be the last set of cartridges I buy, will think again when they run low.

I'm considering the IP8750, think it will be fine for hobby use which is all I need.
If the IP7250 A4 machine is anything to go by this sort of basic printer should do a decent enough job.

Obviously won't be as good, for a start its ink against pigment and missing the chroma optimiser.
This is likely to be the last set of cartridges I buy, will think again when they run low.
just looked it up. yes that could be a possibility , cheers for the heads up

when my ip7250 died last year I bought an ix6850 couldn't stretch to 8750
uses the same inks as 7250 so all ones I had purchased were usable

happy so far with prints

when my ip7250 died last year I bought an ix6850 couldn't stretch to 8750
uses the same inks as 7250 so all ones I had purchased were usable

happy so far with prints

I always use third party ink in the IP7250 and both of those you mentioned use the same cartridges.
Never had a problem with blockages and used the same company for about fifteen years now.
Most of the prints are just for the walls at home so fading isn't really an issue either.
Think that might be the way to go probably when the 7250 bites the dust
Already on my second one, its usually the power module that packs up, older IP4500 had the same problem.

Last edited:
I used to have A Pro 10s and it worked perfectly OK but then to ease off the cost, I changed to 3rd part inks and from there it went down hill - vertically!

I too had areas of prints that were a flat colour with no variation in tone. Although it was It was still under guarantee Canon refused to repair it because it had not been used with their inks for all the time I had owned it. I do ,however strongly suspect the quality and precision of aftermarket inks/cartridges/chips, are not up to Canon's specification/standard and should not be used.

I now have a Pro 300 and I will not be using 3rd part inks. Buying the genuine Canon ones will be cheaper in the long run.

PS If you have to change your printer DO NOT touch an Epson P700. They have an inbuilt fault that seems to affect these printers all over the world. This fault is the inability to feed paper properly and constant error messages. I do believe they have been temporarily withdrawn from sale. Mine was returned with full cash refund and that I how I came to own a Canon Pro 300.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back