Help with edit.

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
I dont do portrait photos so im a bit stuck with how to edit this photo of my daughter.
If anyone can help out with their version of before and after that would be great, thanks.

photo edit.jpg

It's your picture, what do you want to achieve?

TBH as a 'photographer' I kinda think I have an idea what I'm hoping to achieve before I pick up the camera.

I kinda think I have an idea what I'm hoping to achieve before I pick up the camera.
Hi Phil, +1

Not a bad portrait… what about a simple crop?

photo%20edit.jpg

Hi Phil, +1

Not a bad portrait… what about a simple crop?

photo%20edit.jpg

The crop makes sense, maybe a tad higher to crop out the bare arm.

It's how I'd have framed it in camera.

Thanks for the replies.
I dont really know what im expecting, it was just a chance shot while i had camera to hand.
I think what i am looking for is how a portrait photographer would edit the shot, if he had taken it.

Thanks for the replies.
I dont really know what im expecting, it was just a chance shot while i had camera to hand.
I think what i am looking for is how a portrait photographer would edit the shot, if he had taken it.

Apologies for the bluntness.
I'll try from a different angle.

That's not how photography works.

Whether portraits landscapes or wildlife.

The 'magic' happens inside the box. The photograph is created in the brain of the photographer before the shutter is clicked. We don't take random images and then decide what to do with them at the computer.

There's nothing 'wrong' with that as a snap, it's not really a 'portrait' in a classic sense, but it does show a happy pretty girl, if you want to show more than that, you start by deciding 'what' you want to communicate.

Back