Her Majesty The Queen

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
I had an opportunity to see the Queen in person yesterday which was an opportunity I could not pass up. Obviously there were a lot of people there to see her and unfortunately as time got nearer to her arrival the sun was staring me directly in the face however I managed to get these shots of her.

It's the first real time I've been in a pressurised situation of trying to get a decent photo of something or someone, christ knows what it's like for photo journalists!

Nothing wrong with these shots they have a journalistic look to them, given as you have said the limitations to the shooting environment you faced these are great, to me they show the Queen in her "natural" environment meeting the public

Nothing wrong with these shots they have a journalistic look to them, given as you have said the limitations to the shooting environment you faced these are great, to me they show the Queen in her "natural" environment meeting the public

Thank you! It was all a bit hectic but pleased with how they came out!

Good effort considering you were in the crowd, not at the front.

Thanks, I think in the end a bit of the depth of the crowd ended up adding some foreground!

Love the second one. Nice job.

Cheers! This one was actually picked up by the local paper which was nice!

Last edited:
Unless you are privileged, position yourself really earlier or lucky you have to work around people, shooting through or over them. I often use a monopod and iPhone linked wirelessly to my camera to gain height, although thats still a bit his and miss. You did well.

Even Reuters can have issues as here - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...af01&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Yeah im glad, I got myself there with about an hour to spare but where I was (right next to the entrance she was walking into) the public sort of congregated on it by the end so it was a bit of push and shove! Luckily I'm quite tall and even more so on tip toes!

All good, but loving the second one.

Beautiful. Loving that back light. She has a lovely radiance about her. As above number 2 is spot on.

Gaz

All good photos of Her Majesty. The first is my favourite as it shows her clearly interacting with one of her, presumably loyal, subjects.
Well done.

Nice photos for the conditions! It looks like someone is about to get the "stink eye" in #3. ;)

Yes I thought this when I was walking away looking at them, glad I captured it ;)

All good photos of Her Majesty. The first is my favourite as it shows her clearly interacting with one of her, presumably loyal, subjects.
Well done.

Yeah I think out of the set this is my favourite as she looks somewhat natural enjoying the conversation.

Back