TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Odd_Heron.jpg

Is it having a play with itself?

:eek:

LOL i thought it might have one of those reflectors and trying to even its tan out on its neck ? ;)

Thats not as daft as it sounds
Its drying the underside of its wings and reflecting the sun onto its chest
nicely spotted and caught Ian(y)

Is this a heavy crop Ian, it's just I'm used to seeing such crisp/sharp clean images from you-this one isn't quite as clean as expected.

Good shot, lovely light and colours, but a smidgen fuzzy.

Is this a heavy crop Ian, it's just I'm used to seeing such crisp/sharp clean images from you-this one isn't quite as clean as expected.

Good shot, lovely light and colours, but a smidgen fuzzy.

Looks very sharp and clean to me :shrug:

Les, not a heavy crop but a crop it is, the light was extremely harsh today, and i think thats why its not as sharp, it was also quite a way off, whereas the KF are about 10-15 feet, this was about 100 feet away lol

Looks very sharp and clean to me :shrug:

I would agree, for most photographers it would be sharp and clean, but I've noticed Ian has set the bar very high for his own images, and my comment related to the quality I normally see in his images, and not a general comment that would relate to most photographs.

Sorry for any cofusion.

Dont worry Les, didnt take it personally :) the shot was mainly for the unusual pose, i wasnt out for Heron shots today :)

Yeah come on Ian pull yer socks up lad :p
unusual pose as you said (y)

Vampire shot is "wicked"....................(y)

Like the pose in them both as it shows some behavior. Vampire wings wins it for me pictorially.

Cheers guys :)

LOL at crieffy :) there was a guy with a 300-800 on a D2X in the hide as well so was definitely some bigguns in there ;)

You mean you were out gunned for once mate:LOL: Great shots i would be proud of them, Vampire just edges it for me for the pose (y)

Back