herons....

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
went for a walk along a local canal this afternoon armed with my alpha 350 and 70-200 F/2.8 G and 1.4X teleconverter to see what there was to shoot,and spotted this (these) heron(s) at different spots along the canal.i say this/these as not long after i fired a shot,it flew away...and there it was again....

C+C welcome

heron1_filteredcopy.jpg

heron3_filteredcopy.jpg

heron4_filteredcopy.jpg

heron5_filteredcopy.jpg

Nice shots Stan. They are quite a shy bird, or they are around our way. You did well to capture them. All the shots i get are dots on the horizon.
Which canal was it, the Neath or Tennant?

Len

thanks guys...much appreciate your kind comments(y)

paul....when i get a moment,i'll re-do it and see if i can improve the contrast.

len...it was the neath canal.i crossed the bridge going to the metal box by mile end petrol station,and walked towards britton ferry,and the first shot was opposite westbourne road/avenue/street(?)where they keep horses,and the rest opposite the old tip.

JPS..it looks like it has lost a foot,but i'm not certain :shrug:

Stan i know the area well. There are a few nests nearby. Looks like i am going for a walk with my 150-500 down that way then. Also if you walk around to the riverbank side of the square pond there are photo ops for egrets on the marsh.

Len

Stan i know the area well. There are a few nests nearby. Looks like i am going for a walk with my 150-500 down that way then. Also if you walk around to the riverbank side of the square pond there are photo ops for egrets on the marsh.

Len

i did walk down that way to see if there were any there,but there wasn't.it then started to rain,so i took shelter in an anglers bivvy until it subsided,then went home.i've seen the egrets there in the past whilst fishing in the river for bass,but never had a camera with me :bonk:

Back