weekly Hertsmans 52 for 2017 Rustic,Festive, weather added-and DONE !

I know, Im really annoyed at them tbh. I had the blinds shut to prevent that too......

Good idea, but I find the highlights in both glasses a bit distracting.

works for me, the beer looks in good condition too.

clever take on the theme. it may have looked better if you had waited for the bubbles on the inside of the jug to dissipate a little. The slightly different shades of liquid keep trying to tell me one is different to the other, which it clearly isn't, nice take though.

Good idea, but I find the highlights in both glasses a bit distracting.
Yep,me too.....

Good take on theme Mark, two halfs make a whole :)
Thanks Davem nice idea poorly executed is my feelingt tho.

works for me, the beer looks in good condition too.
Beer never goes off in my house David !

clever take on the theme. it may have looked better if you had waited for the bubbles on the inside of the jug to dissipate a little. The slightly different shades of liquid keep trying to tell me one is different to the other, which it clearly isn't, nice take though.
Point taken, thanks for the comment.

Choice of two this week....

I have long recognised the icon that is the Snowdon Aviary at London Zoo as an amazing structure, and with this in mind, we set off there this morning. However, the avian bird flu threat meant that the aviary was closed. Bugger.

Anyways, having not been to ZSL LND in 27 years, its gave the new D500 a first run out if nothing else.

I took this as a back up image, which I present as my main image, but then spotted the second image as an alternative....

Just to add - it was a horribly flat light kind of day, and some blue sky would have made a world of diiference.....

ZSL LND-11 by Mark P, on Flickr

ZSL LND-12 by Mark P, on Flickr

Both work well for the theme, but I also prefer the second shot, where the wood structure in the animal enclosure frames the BT Tower.

#2 for me too Mark ... mainly because of the structural contrast with the BT Tower but the close proximity of those timbers gives the image more impact as well.

I like e the second Mark with the contrast between the wood structure and the very modern BT tower.

Structure - I agree with Emma's comments, the contrast between the old with the modern works well.

Agree with the ladies on this Mark, I likke how you have framed the BT tower nicely, old and new go well together :)

Both work well for the theme, but I also prefer the second shot, where the wood structure in the animal enclosure frames the BT Tower.

#2 for me too Mark ... mainly because of the structural contrast with the BT Tower but the close proximity of those timbers gives the image more impact as well.

A very unique choice in that first one Mark I like if for the topic, but I do like the second one too, hard to choose!

Extraordinary framing of the BT Tower. (y)

Thanks everyone. As I said, I went out hoping to get some nice internal views of the Snowdon aviary, so felt pretty disappointed to not get those. It was only when I got home abd started sifting, I spotted the the BT tower image. Its an evocative shot I think.
Thanks for the comments folks.

The second image for me Mark, a great contrast between ancient and modern structures.

Have you tried a square crop to get rid of that distracting light green roif on the right and the a slight clarity boost!

Wow Mark, that's an impressive looking thing. Nicely sharp, but for me what I really like the blue reflections that you've captured. :clap:
Spooky face that Foggy found eh?

Whole - I *think* I may have gone for a deeper DoF to keep the glass in sharp focus too, but then again, maybe not.
Do you have any shots with it all in focus to compare?

Structure - Considering they were taken at around f/5, that's an incredibly deep DoF.
The second one for me as the far "structure" is more evident.

Enjoy the new camera :)

Love it! Put a big smile on my face :D

Very creative Mark. Nicely composed mirroring the pic in the bg and well lit too.

Structure - definitely #2, composition of the BT tower makes the image unique. shame about the branches on the left hand side touching it though (the number of times i wished i had a mind hacksaw to remove stray branches and such creeping into my image...!)
YMCA - fun photo, colours seem a bit dull but that's just me

Structure, the second one for me, the first i lost a little in such a busy background.

Routine, very funny, this weeks winner.

(y)

Structure: I like them both and i want one in my garden.
Routine: Can't beat a bit of Lego YMCA

Love it! Put a big smile on my face :D

I do like the Lego shots, and I love this great fun one :)

:) I wasn't sure about the image theme initially but then I saw the Dance Routine title. Very clever. :D

Very creative Mark. Nicely composed mirroring the pic in the bg and well lit too.

Haha dance routine :D

I like the different take on the theme, good composition.

Routine, can't crit this made me smile :clap:

Cheers.

Thanks one and all, laughter is always good.

Structure - definitely #2, composition of the BT tower makes the image unique. shame about the branches on the left hand side touching it though (the number of times i wished i had a mind hacksaw to remove stray branches and such creeping into my image...!)
YMCA - fun photo, colours seem a bit dull but that's just me
They are, and its only beacuse the little blighters are so shiny I had to pull the highlights down a fair bit.

Hi Mark,
That's a great idea for the shot. Is the background a ipad/tablet? Or do you have that as a poster (it feels too soft to be a poster). :)
Ipad indeed.

clever, funny, on theme. brilliant!

Structure, the second one for me, the first i lost a little in such a busy background.

Routine, very funny, this weeks winner.

(y)

Thank you, its appreciated.

Brilliant, bang on theme!:banana::LOL:

Love it ...you are definitely brill at these Lego shots ...perfect for the theme, great composition, a real fun shot :clap:
Gald you like it Susie, Im not as good as others, see the thread in general pictures - Skyline makes me look poor in comparison.

Lol - brilliant! What a great idea to use a still from the original routine as a background :)

Very good idea, perfect for the theme and well set up and taken.

Structure: I like them both and i want one in my garden.
Routine: Can't beat a bit of Lego YMCA

Thanks guys, happy to hear postive vibes from most this week,

Back