Critique Hill House: Nikkor PCE 24mm First use

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
So on Friday I bought the lens I've been after, the Nikkor 24mm PCE (tilt and shift). For those who know the advantages of Tilt and Shift, you know, for those who don't. Get googling. Its enabled me to protect the verticals in camera. Total doddle to use...

_DSC3152 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

_DSC3158 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

_DSC3170 by SFTPhotography, on Flickr

Lucky git!!!!

I snapped it up off a member here @Laudrup

I've been after one for god knows how long and he doesn't stay far, so when I saw it was for sale and so near me, I was like "I'm 'avin that".

Its an incredible lens, nearly Zeiss 21mm sharp and it allows you to completely keep the camera level (keeping convergence in check) and then shift upwards to fit the building in. I like these national trust places, and interior archticure, I will get a lot of use out of it.

Jammmy!... love that last one especially, the winding path really adds to the image, looks a gorgeous place

Reactions: ST4
Nice Steve......been eyeing one of these babies up........thinking Xmas gift......to myself.

...nothing can do what this can...

Unless you shoot large format film on a camera with movements, then just about every lens can lol

Although I imagine it's a damn lot easier and quicker to use!

Nice shot, You don't appreciate how much converging verticals alters an image until you see one where it's corrected. Good work

Unless you shoot large format film on a camera with movements, then just about every lens can lol

Although I imagine it's a damn lot easier and quicker to use!

Nice shot, You don't appreciate how much converging verticals alters an image until you see one where it's corrected. Good work

35mm digital format. I've yet to sample a large format system. One day...perhaps...

A great set of shots :)

How are you finding the lens? I am looking at getting one soon. Has yours had the modification done to it that allows you to shift and swing?

Cheers,
Eddie

Nice shots steve.
We joined the National Trust last weekend, and the good lady fancied a visit to Hill House.
Is it worth a visit?

A great set of shots :)

How are you finding the lens? I am looking at getting one soon. Has yours had the modification done to it that allows you to shift and swing?

Cheers,
Eddie

Excellent. It seems to be modified as it does shift and swing. It's very sharp and east to use. I use it a lot.

Excellent. It seems to be modified as it does shift and swing. It's very sharp and east to use. I use it a lot.

Well I took the plunge this weekend and managed to get a used one at a good price, so hopefully it will be with me this week :)

Cheers,
Eddie

Back