Historic Sports Car Club

#2 works for me,and I just worked out where you shot it from (y)

Great captures Chris my favs are #2#9 also nice job on the panning.

Thanks for the comments every one, I wasn't expecting so much feedback.
800px is the max file size I have uploaded yes and some may be soft in places, however I don't believe that 100% of the subject has to be 100% sharp, as some slight blur emphasises speed and movement and I don't like cars to look static. Maybe others disagree?

Thanks for the comments every one, I wasn't expecting so much feedback.
800px is the max file size I have uploaded yes and some may be soft in places, however I don't believe that 100% of the subject has to be 100% sharp, as some slight blur emphasises speed and movement and I don't like cars to look static. Maybe others disagree?

Totally agree with you Chris, but I think usually at least a bit of it has to be sharp...i.e just a small section like the drivers helmet, just to give a focal point. I guess it probably does work for some abstract images, but rather the exception than the rule

Usually when you reduce the image size they look sharper.

How do the images look on your computer screen "straight out of camera"?
If they look a "little" soft then you may be able to to get away with it by downsizing and sharpening.
If they look soft, especially everywhere on the image, then you won't, unless you want the totally "arty" look.

I agree with Jonathans post (#10) that basically at least something has to look sharp.

Did you see post #72 (mine) in this thread?
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=472760

I really like the composition of number 2, that is the stand out for me. 3 works too, maybe with a slightly closer crop?

Back