Holidays 2020

From the Virus PPE thread.

So we're at T5 Heathrow. This is the first time I've been with crowds since Covid (ignoring Tesco).

Quite frankly it wouldn't matter what the government said about keeping safe, and the British population are F morons. People everywhere without masks, or worse wearing them on their chins, walking through the middle of socially distanced groups queueing. All these people won't give a crap about the rule of six or keeping others safe.

I'd like to go round with a big stick, setting about those not masking.

Blame the government all you want for not acting swiftly at first, but the present resurgence is down to the public being crassly stupid. They almost deserve to catch it. Yes, I'm angry.
Strange because it wasn’t like that two weeks ago. most in masks, breakfast in Wetherspoons and all felt good

I’ve now lost my fourth holiday of 2020 as we are now in local lockdown for at least 2 weeks.
What a year!

I’ve now lost my fourth holiday of 2020 as we are now in local lockdown for at least 2 weeks.
What a year!
Well imo I wouldn't bother planning any booking abroad whilst there is a pandemic.

I will wait for things to some how go back to normal before I do.

Holidays are the very last thing that's a priority to me.

I put stuff like myself and my family health and wellness and job security ahead of a holiday

I have been very grateful for our Greece trip coming off smoothly, despite the last-minute re-arrangements (booking hotels and cars with just 4 days before departure). We wore FFP3 masks on the flight for increased personal protection, and were careful to socially distance/hand sanitise as needed.

What a year!

I'm on four European trips cancelled too, sorry make that five, forgot the one next month to Lille.
Managed a week up in the Forest of Bowland and a few days over in Woodbridge.
Got another week coming up in Gloucestershire, hoping that goes ahead.

Its all self catering in detached places that are adhering to a good cleaning regime.
Taking our grub with us apart from a takeaway or two, at least its a change of scenery.

Got some Eurostar vouchers to use and also the same on Deutsche Bahn, maybe next year.
Was hoping to get away near Christmas to somewhere like Austria, but seems unlikely now.

I don't know if this link has been posted before, but if the stats are right what do we have to fear regarding Cv-19 on an aircraft?

https://www.iata.org/en/pressroom/p...vIZAkl7tgNwsfrlWhPRHd5pB_PPwIY589D73spRbAnR4I

Aircraft have quite a strong and heavily filtered airflow - I'm sure I read articles suggesting flights should be relatively safe because of this quite early on. Fart on an aeroplane and no-one usually knows. :naughty: :LOL:

:puke:

I'd still wear FFP3 (99% filtration) for personal protection if I flew again during the pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: mex
Aircraft have quite a strong and heavily filtered airflow - I'm sure I read articles suggesting flights should be relatively safe because of this quite early on. Fart on an aeroplane and no-one usually knows. :naughty: :LOL:

:puke:

I'd still wear FFP3 (99% filtration) for personal protection if I flew again during the pandemic.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:......................I beg to differ, I've had some nasty looks after letting one go on aircraft.

Not from the deaf...

Aircraft ventilation is from the top so any odours (originally typed "odious"!) get taken down rather than forwards or back.

Back