Holidays 2021

Was nice to get away though, first visit to the railway museum in about 40 years, first visit ever to the Minster and art gallery, and with mobile phones being what they are nowadays I left my DSLR at home :rolleyes:.

Isn't that blasphemy on a photo forum - should at least be a temporary ban :p:p

Just on the way back from Valencia, fabulous place. No more overseas trips planned for this year.
Next one, COVID-19 permitting, will be Alicante in January.
It‘s been so nice feeling the warmth of the sun!
Got back from Valencia 4 weeks ago. great city, loved our time there.

Well that was Lisbon done and dusted. TBH I wasn't overly impressed with the city but we went for the sun and got plenty of that. We had an Air BnB in the old part of the city and to say that area of town was tatty would be an understatement, it was groaning under the weight of graffiti on just about every inch of surface. I think there was a nice place underneath it all somewhere. The outlying towns were nice though, Sintra and Cascais were lovely. Public transport amazingly cheap but food pretty expensive for 3 of us.

I was surprised just how uninterested anyone was in our NHS covid passports and passenger locator forms. Nothing was checked leaving the UK, nothing entering Portugal, a cursory glance at the PLC when leaving by the boarding staff and nothing checked again entering the UK. Didn't really see the point of it all.

Well that was Lisbon done and dusted. TBH I wasn't overly impressed with the city but we went for the sun and got plenty of that. We had an Air BnB in the old part of the city and to say that area of town was tatty would be an understatement, it was groaning under the weight of graffiti on just about every inch of surface. I think there was a nice place underneath it all somewhere. The outlying towns were nice though, Sintra and Cascais were lovely. Public transport amazingly cheap but food pretty expensive for 3 of us.

I was surprised just how uninterested anyone was in our NHS covid passports and passenger locator forms. Nothing was checked leaving the UK, nothing entering Portugal, a cursory glance at the PLC when leaving by the boarding staff and nothing checked again entering the UK. Didn't really see the point of it all.

I thought Faro had a lot of graffiti too in 2019 when visited - it actually made for some interesting shots!

Back