Hollie

Hollie is a good model and a really lovely girl and this is a really nice capture.

Not a critique as such but the flowers in her hair bother me a little because of the mono conversion. If they had been a uniform colour it wouldn't have mattered but because they are different it makes me want to see the original colour version.

Beautiful, the only word I can use.

Hollie is a good model and a really lovely girl and this is a really nice capture.

Not a critique as such but the flowers in her hair bother me a little because of the mono conversion. If they had been a uniform colour it wouldn't have mattered but because they are different it makes me want to see the original colour version.

Funny enough, the different tones in the flowers appeal to me, but I get what you mean.

I like centrally framed portraits, and I like poses which are square on to the camera, but in this one I'm finding the hands a bit square too. I'm not suggesting that you should necessarily ask the model to do the ballet-hands thing but the tension created in her fists is at odds with the rest of the bridal styling.

Or maybe that was your intention? For me it makes her look rather nervous.

Beautiful piece of work excellent lighting.

That is simply gorgeous.
Lovely eye contact, pin sharp and great separation from the background.
The pose adds to the feeling too.

Back