1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jannyfox

Jannyfox

Name:
    Jan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks to John (JohnC6) for the tip off
    The Flying Scotman and Royal Scot taking their leave of Somerset. This was taken east of Taunton. Bless the main line trains for not getting in the way, and the sun for coming out at the right moment .....:)

[​IMG]Flying Scotsman & Royal Scot by Jannyfox, on Flickr

gramps and ancient_mariner like this.
  2. JohnC6

JohnC6

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well done,Jan. Good shot. Glad you got there.I was at Flax Bourton (just prior to Bristol) and it poured down. On my iPad I I was going between Realtimetrains to see where it was and Raintoday to see where the rain was. Two large areas of torrential rain were s bearing down. The sun came out after they'd gone through..isn't it always the way. They came past me at 1045. I had to put a cover over the lens until the last minute..or rather seconds. The light was awful 1000 ISO.As they came through I couldn't see Royal Scot..second loco, due to the smoke from Flying Scotsman. It went straight down rather than up as in your shot. I'd say that about 80% of my photos have been taken in poor light conditions such is British weather no matter the season.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. King of Groove

King of Groove

Name:
    King
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Lovely shot of The Flying Scotsman.

4. Jannyfox

Jannyfox

Name:
    Jan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks guys. I just got lucky this time and everything fell right.

5. gramps

gramps

Edit My Images:
    No
    Beauty :)

Jannyfox likes this.