Hong Kong

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A week of contrast for my first time heading east (and I went alone, which was one hell of an experience!), 3 days of trail walking and then a couple of days of touristy/city stuff.

64 miles walked, day one was a beautiful 10 mile walk from Tung Chung to Tai O fishing village, hugging the coast line but through the forest, I did not see a single person the whole way, pretty amazing experience. Day 2 was the Dragon's Back trail, day 3 was a really tough 5 mile loop on the gorgeous Lamma Island where again I didn't see anyone the whole time.

1. Early morning at Victoria Peak

Hong Kong by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

2. Sunset from Ocean Terminal

3. Kowloon at night

4. View from Dragon's Back

5. Lantau Island

6. Tai O

Last edited:
One and three for me is the complete picture. I like it a lot.

2 needs a bit more room below the boat and a bit less above it

Four has an awful branch in the way. Five I would have got to the shores edge - the foreground isn't working but these reflections look good.

6 needs a hair off the top losing all the sky.

They all look very good but the one that stands out to me is number 5, if that was a twilight / night shot that would have looked amazing.

Thanks all, comments taken on board. With hindsight renting a 24-105mm f4 would have made life a lot easier on a predominantly hiking holiday rather than my Sigma 35 and 85 Arts, bit lighter too!

I'm heading out that way in March for four days and would love to capture some shots like these, I'll be taking 35 ART and 16-35 F4 for use in HK, we travel onto Aus afterwards. A lovely set of pics, well done.

Back