Captive Hooded Merganser & Smew

both good Roger but the merganser just edges it for me

Stan
Thanks Stan, the Smew was constantly ducking & diving so couldn't get the angle I would have liked ... the Hooded Merganser on the other hand was a poser :D

Great shots Roger. The problem I've had taking pictures of these is when you crouch down to get a low POV they think you're going to feed them they swim towards you and they end up looking like this. :ROFLMAO:

BN5A4139.jpg

great shots, I must visit there again soon, if the tolls on the bridge wasn't so f£"!£$ ing expensive, then i would visit quite regular.
Well worth a visit Mark & membership makes it very affordable but the tolls are a pain I agree.

The Hooded Marganser is a cracking shot Roger, lovely detail, colour and the water colour with those swirls is superb (y) Miles better then the Smew for me :)

The Hooded Marganser is a cracking shot Roger, lovely detail, colour and the water colour with those swirls is superb (y) Miles better then the Smew for me :)
Thanks Phil, yes the Smew is a definite 2nd here :)

Really like the Hooded Merganser, Roger (y)

Any reason you shot it with the 7200 and 300mm F4? Do you take it along with you as a second set-up?

All the best,
Wez

Thanks Wez, recently we have had a lot of early morning fog so that limits the number of times I get the 500 f4 and D500 out of the backpack ... when I think it's going to be like that, or I just want a change I take the D7200 and 300 PF as well.
That said, it's a very good combination in its own right and I think the D7200 has to be the best value DX camera currently available :)

Back