Hoopoe

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Sitting on the veranda having my breakfast this morning and suddenly noticed this hoopoe wandering around. It has visited about this time for the last couple of years but this is the first time I've managed to get a shot of it. Dropped my porridge and crept into the house to get the camera, it soon saw me and flew off to the bottom of the garden out of range but not before I got a few shots of it. Massive crop and weeds in the way but the first shot of one so I'm happy. EOS 350D, 70-200 f4L at 200mm, 135th at f5.6, iso 100.

Hoopoe1.jpg

Exquisite - brilliant colour, composition, use of light and shade and great subject. Not seen too many from my house which does not have a veranda either. Lucky you.

Well caught, really nice tones here

Good catch, having a camera handy does pay off, eh? :)

I do try and take a camera every where I go. You miss so many shots, the BMW going the wrong way down a one way street, the white van going through a No Entry sign because it shortens the route and the mist in the valley below the road you're driving on.

This is a lovely capture. Please post more, you've got a whole continent that we never see enough of.

Back