Hope

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Had no plans to go out at the weekend - my usual agreement with myself is not to set an alarm and then go if I am awake :)

Wide awake at 2am - gave it an hour to try and get back to sleep - no way was that going to happen.

Decided on Mam Tor - I need the exercise - so would be killing two birds :)

Sunrise came and went - nothing special - really needed more cloud to catch the light. I could see a slight inversion over towards Higger Tor and kicked myself as that was one of the options for my trip out.

Once the sun was just over the horizon a large bank of cloud moved in - breakfast was calling me, but I thought it was worth waiting to see if anything would come of it.

After a short wait the sun went up behind the clouds and I was treated to 10 minutes of superb light.

I don't think I did the scene justice - it was a pleasure to be up there to see it.

This is a 7 shot pano.

Hope by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:

I like this!
What phone shot??? :cool:

Very nice shot Sir, well composed with some lovely light.(y)

George.

I like it Dave, nice drop of light you have there, and a nice job of stitching the 7 together no matter what @minnnt said :D
I have always been a sucker for Crapsular, Crupsaler Damit! Crepuscular rays! could never spell that word (i'll just put nice sun rays next time).
Nice work mate(y)

I like that Dave, lovely shot. Just browsing around the image can't help thinking there's a great portrait image of that light on the hills at the extreme left of the pano?

Thanks Stuart - I agree that there are multiple options within the image - I quite like the right side as well :)

I need to spend some time looking at the options.

Dave.

Last edited:
I like that a lot Dave - especially the way the light picks out every single ridge and hill top all the way to the horizon.

Back