Horsepower at the Hall

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
No
I went along to the Horsepower at the Hall - Gearheads at the Ground event at Newark Showground today as I have a rare weekend without motorsport to shoot. I wasn't shooting to any plan, just for myself and my portfolio. Here are some of the best.

1) There was a lovely old Bentley there, I have no idea what Bentley it was but this is the complete switch panel. Things have got a little more complex in the modern Bentley I think.

Simple Switches
by Nicholas Smith, on Flickr

2) I have a theory I have seen this before. If I've ripped off someones work on here, sorry but I came by it honestly. This is a VX220 BTW:

Dash Detail

3) I'm going to start calling the owner of this car Two-Jags. Or should I just let sleeping cats lie?

Sleeping Cat

4) I've heard of a big block V8 but never a Lego Block 4IL. This was on a Nissan DenkiCube, one of the older import jobbies.

Big Block Straight 4

5) Of course being motorsport focused, when people started to leave I reverted to type and set the shutter speed low.

Kit Custom

6) The important bits! I love old cars.

Trumpets

7) Cobra Cockpit.

Classic Cockpit

8) Somebody set me a challenge. Hint to joe publc. Never challenge a tog to get a decent photo of a crap car, he might just surprise you!

Mighty Maestro

Last edited:
Great pictures BUT the last one is actually a Maestro not an Allegro as I am guessing the title alluded to.

Apologies if I have that intention wrong :)

Great pictures BUT the last one is actually a Maestro not an Allegro as I am guessing the title alluded to.

Apologies if I have that intention wrong :)
I have mis-identified. I thought the Maestro was the saloon model. Ill correct it later.

The Maestro came after the Allegro

I'm rubbish on photography but worked at a BL garage in the seventies and early eighties :)

Back