Horses of Iceland

i like that, can't see what lens you used so either you were very ballsy getting so close when they were running or you were at a safe distance with a zoom. I like the end result either way

Thank you Col, I think I was using the 17-40 and yes I was being ballsy or maybe stupid and praying they didn't stand on my head when I was laid on the ground :giggle: I was trying to capture something a bit different than the norm with horses :)

Really like this (big big Iceland obsessive) - like the textures a lot. I was there last week and did not get to see enough horses for my liking! (not a big horse fan, except for their special horses :-D ) I like the fluffy one in the back!

That's a great capture it really shows the movement and mood and well suited to the mono conversion. I remember seeing then on my first trip a few years ago stood in the open in what must have been force 9 or 10 winds and blizzard conditions, very tough animals indeed.

That's a great capture it really shows the movement and mood and well suited to the mono conversion. I remember seeing then on my first trip a few years ago stood in the open in what must have been force 9 or 10 winds and blizzard conditions, very tough animals indeed.

Thank you Andy, it amazes me how they withstand them conditions, we went in April and even then it was freezing and blowing a gale, can't imagine what its like in the winter for them

"Excellent" shot, and well presented in mono.

George.

This is spectacular, makes the viewer feel a part of the action. The gap in the left almost spoils composition but the trailing horse just pulls it all back again. Very nice.

Last edited:
@PaulJ1969 could def see this as a print in someones lounge!
This.

It's a stunning shot. Mesmerising to me because it reminds me of a very fine pencil drawing that hung on the wall in the dining room of the farmhouse I grew up in.

I'd have this printed an on the wall in an instant.

Thanks for sharing this.

Stunning shot but lying down shooting is not as stupid as you might think.
Its well known (or at least i thought it was) that a horse will avoid you at all costs if it possibly can.

Back