Edit My Images
No
IMG_0357b by Adrian Draghia, on Flickr

IMG_0366b by Adrian Draghia, on Flickr

IMG_0380b by Adrian Draghia, on Flickr

IMG_0382b by Adrian Draghia, on Flickr

IMG_0399b by Adrian Draghia, on Flickr

IMG_0403b by Adrian Draghia, on Flickr

Please note that I couldn't leave the spot I was in to take different angles as I was looking after my 4 year old trying to take these while my other half was packing up her stand. I got quite a few jumping shots but as they were from the back of the horse so not that interesting.

I use to ride horses and i use to do jumping. It's good to give a taste to competition to youngster but sometime i see some silly things which i don't like. On the last two picture the little girl look in the wrong direction, her hand position is wrong, her feet are totally stuck in the stirrups with the heals right up. I'm not having a go at the girl for not being good enough, she's a learning and looks full of good intention.

But i don't understand why she needs to be wearing spurs, spurs totally pointing high up as well! I think that you do not need spurs when you are likely to be bashing your leg on a poney belly, spur should be use when needed and when the riders can use them properly (i.e. sitting properly and using her legs properly). But i don't think it is very good for the poney/ good for pictures. Specially the next to last picture where she is late on the jump so she is pulling back on the poney's mouth while her spurs are jammed on the poney's side. She's not in control and spur won't help with this.

What i say will sound harsh and is not related to the pictures themselves so sorry for the rant but I much prefer picture 2 and 4, there's a good attitude there, looking at your flick you get some great one from before the competition, there's a portrait of the poney and the little girl which is brilliant (IMG_0298b).

Hi Lemaildetom, I have no experience with horses, but my other half does. I showed her your message and she agreed, but then she did say something about she used to use spurs occasionally as her horse was sometimes lazy.

Back