Horsey Mere, Norfolk

Thanks Dan, was a stunner tonight - took a few dozen images too!
Maybe off to Dunwich on Sunday.

Last edited:
An evocative couple of shots of what must have been a wonderful experience in a special place.

Although I grew up in East Anglia I never got around to visiting the Broads...maybe one day ;)

Both excellent Neil - perfect reflection and nice to see the sun and the colours coming through like that (y)

Fantastic images no 1 my favourite(y), been to the broads a few times myself but never seem to get a good sunrise/sunset.

Lovely ! Echo the above comments Neil, never been down that way but makes me want to go looking at these :)

Cracking couple of shots those with great reflections.

Must make an effort to spend more time up on the broads!

Cheers T

really nice :)
you could try uping saturation, virbrance and contrast, might make it pop more :)

Thanks Paul.
Yes, I have already experimented with those aspects of the image you've alluded to but felt it was all too easy to over do it! May have another go when I'm less tired!
All the best.

I think I prefer the second as it's got those slightly higher clouds in frame with the nice muted colours. Great reflections too!

Lovely Pair Neil! Really like the sun in No1 and the reflected clouds in No2, TBH there both great shots, I think at a pinch I'd go with 2 if I had to chose(y)

Excellent... and not a single tall, rotary, wind powered building in sight!

Beautiful shots Neil, Well done! I seem to recall that sometime back, someone on here complained that he did not like photographing in Norfolk because it was too boring ! Shows how you need the eye as well as the camera, and this a a prime example.

Very nice indeed, what a perfect spot and perfect timing. Lovely.

Andy

Very nice indeed, what a perfect spot and perfect timing. Lovely.

Andy

Thanks Andy.
A few things came together that evening including the spot where I took the images from. I literally had a 5ft gap between moored boats and fortunately it was enough to pull these off!

Absolutely beautiful images, both of them. The colours, compositions, reflection and subject are just great. It's been pouring with ran all day here, it's safe to say I'm jealous! Would you mind saying what filters you used to capture the image?

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your comments.
Just to note no filters were used on these particular shots - all post processing using ACR taking no longer than 5 mins.
I did try a 0.6 hitech reverse grad but it didn't add anything positive to the images and unbalanced the reflections.

Back