Hot Air Balloons

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
My two favourites from Northampton Balloon Festival early Sat am 15/08/15. It was a bit cloudy, but we took a chance and left home about 04.45 for an advertised 6am take off

Thirteen balloons took off, would have liked to have seen a few more and I believe that number trebled on Sat evening, but that's the luck of the draw

(originals look much better, these have been heavily resized down to about 200kb files to meet forum criteria)

View attachment 44436 View attachment 44437

Last edited:
Lovely images of the baloons.
A bit too centrally placed for my taste.

Know what you mean and its more than a fair comment, but contrary to popular opinion and convention I quite like some subjects central in the shot

Anyway here is another one, glad you liked the balloons, must try and get to the Bristol festival next year

View attachment 44529

Lovely movement in the sky on the second one but have to agree that its a little to central. How about a crop?

Out of them all I prefer the first as its showing the burner active but feel they need more pop as balloons are always very colourful,The Bristol ballon festival is something I've always wanted to get to especially the dusk flight

I have also wanted to go to the Bristol show, however have never got around to it.
But I do spend quite a few weekends away in the area & you can often see a random balloon just float by on an early morning :)

Thanks for the comments, agree about a bit more pop, sorry still prefer central for these though

Sort of Brian, just south of Huntingdon so not that far on the A14

Great colours, balloons are lovely subjects to photograph. Especially when they ignite their engine.

(originals look much better, these have been heavily resized down to about 200kb files to meet forum criteria)
That was years ago Rich ;)
Snip From the tutorials section

Flicker A forum limit of 1024px on the longest side applies.
And please be aware there are people still on slow
internet connections.
They soon "click away" if a page takes too long to load.
So I would suggest that the file size also stays below 500kb.

TP gallery Images up loaded to your gallery must not exceed 1024px on the longest side, nor 350Kb
or you will get an error message.

If attaching a file direct from your PC / device, into a thread.
this must not exceed 1024px on the longest side or 350Kb
otherwise it will fail to up load.

p196957968-5.jpg

This one was from last year when I had been on one in Cappadocia, Turkey. There were more than 100 balloons that day it is spectacular to watch them in the air. Fascinating things.

That was years ago Rich ;)

Thank you, really must keep up to date ☺

My first effort at balloons so any tips are most welcome, have some photos from a flight in one last year, will see if i can dig them out.

Last edited:
Here yer go for a different perspective, just as the early mist was burning off

balloon-take-off-1-800x534-jpg.20264

What a coincidence, PM away Brian

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:
All attractive shots..BUT...lol. I love the last one..it would go down very well in Rural/Scenic,I'm sure.

Nice to see a different subject, I know what 'Saglik' means by two in one frame, it does add more depth but still really like your two original shots.

Back