Hoverfly ? using a cheap 4x Close-up filter

W

whiteflyer

I was inspired by a friend on another forum and his bee shot, so I went and bought a 4 X close-up filter for one of my lenses. Nice and cheap at £4.99 off e-bay.

This is one of my first efforts, much harder to do than I thought, but I think this will be a fun purchase.

_MG_5814-1.jpg

If you can get the right light and settings those cheepy lens are`nt too bad.

That's really impressive. As with all these cheap solutions for anything photographic, you can get good results but there is no margin for error. Hence, really impressive.

been using them myself for a while, nice cheap alternative but they can obliterate the DOF so getting a good shot can sometimes be tricky....well done!!

Thank guys.

Here is another from the same set. I know they may not be top quality but will give me something to shoot when I can't be bothered travelling.

_MG_5801.jpg

another stunner. must be your bionic powers.

(actually most of the tags around here make sense but that one's a bit :thinking: )

The recently posted shot is really good, but im guessing that the filter is whats letting it down, the fringing is a bit of a nightmare in my honest opinion

Took me a second to get it the first time.

It's from a thread were I was saying I may have to get a pace maker and I would then be bionic. (Still waiting on my heart test results, so I'm still fully human at this time :LOL: )

just be careful :) after a while you begin to crave that extra sharpness a macro lens brings you! Before you know it, your lens shopping!

My spending days are over for a LONG time, as I have a Speedlite 580EX MKII due in the morning.

Then again a Canon EF 180mm f3.5L Macro USM £913.95 looks nice :LOL: :LOL:

Then again a Canon EF 180mm f3.5L Macro USM £913.95 looks nice :LOL: :LOL:

Your supposition is correct, it is nice.

I find that it's biggest plus is that you don't have to worry about DOF. I can now take a shot of my wallet and it's perfectly focussed from front to back.:crying:

I can now take a shot of my wallet and it's perfectly focussed from front to back.:crying:

Is that because it's not so deep any more? :LOL:

I use a crappy cheap little 4+ Macro Filter and i find it works fine!
However I do intend to buy a much better one once ive got a job.
And before i get called a bum i am only 17!
haha!
:)

Back