How about a GULL thread ........ post your images

Some excellent shots here, including the ones that are not gulls - they are also just superb birds.

Dave

Last edited:
This patient critter allowed me to practice and on it, but I still think my technique let me down a little; really should be perfect, but still 'nice' :D

Sometimes so bold…
they end their curves within the minimum focusing distance!
… this one, though, was not!

C2868%20EDpp.jpg

Last edited:

This surely makes you happy with that purchase!
yep looking good ,still playing with what it can do but i had the 70d before so its not to bad

…looks more like yawning. laying as it is…
Cool clean shot, Roger!

This is an airport scene where you fitted feathers
to the aircrafts… for sure!

Well captured Nick! …and feathered! :whistle:

… much better than the one I tried
in SENEGULL! :confused:

lesser bb gull8.jpg A distant Lesser Black-backed Gull taken with a 500mm 6.3 mirror - missed the focus so compensated in Darktable:(

Last edited:

C7101%20EDpp.jpg

Bird on the nest shot:D i know i dont do them either,but a gull nests here every year and never sits the other way round,three stories up and the chimney looks past its best.

DSCN2828.jpg

Just by chance I was interested in one gull amongst a small flock of Herring Gulls, one very white gull. Having took loads of photos, got home and took out the bird books and wow it turned out to be an Iceland Gull. Some of the photos were taken from an upstairs window so through glass and then outside from a good distance. Location, Morfa Nefyn, Lleyn peninsula, Gwynedd, 3rd May 2016 and feeding in a seeded field although I think it was after insects as it kept leaping up.
Iceland Gull / Larus glaucoidesIceland Gull 3rd May 2016.jpg Not Herring Gull .jpg

Last edited:
Aberdaron, the tip of the Lleyn Peninsula has during winter soThe beauty of the Med Gull.jpg many gulls on the beach where the river runs into the sea, such a perfect place. During January I love counting the Med Gulls that feed and bathe with the other gulls.
This photo is of a Med Gull/Larus melanocephalus, in flight over the sea 18th Jan, 2016.

I see too many of them at the marsh
and almost no ducklings to be seen!

C8783%20EDpp.jpg

That's what has happened on our local pond, people come with the children and throw bread and the parent ducks loose sight of their ducklings and then the gulls drop down and pick off the little ducklings. Mostly the ducks are Mallards but I've heard recently that on a near by beach where there are Shelducks breeding the little duckling are taken by the larger gulls.

and throw bread

This practice, Molly, should be forbidden as it is not
healthy in any way for the ducks… and their ducklings! :(

Late afternoon capture…

C8815%20EDpp.jpg

Back