How lucky am I ?

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
cash.jpg

I did an Asda shop yesterday morning and as usual I was in a mad dashing rush. As I was paying for my shopping at the self service scanner, I used my card and hit the £50 cash back option.

It was only as I was getting ready for bed in the evening, I realised I had not picked up the cash from the dispenser. I got dressed and went back to Asda, thinking there is no way my cash will have been handed in.

The security guard looked through the video footage, to see who had picked up my cash. Before we found out who picked up the cash, an assistant appeared with my cash.
They had spotted it shorty after I had left, and printed off a copy of my receipt showing the cash back, and put it in an envelope with the cash.

I know I am always quick to knock supermarkets, but this time it is a big thank you to Julie in ASDA, who had handed it in. (y) :)(y)

Wow! Very lucky indeed. There's been a serious decline in honest people in my lifetime that's for sure. :(

Now instead of the majority of people being honest, it's the other way around . . .

With luck like that, I'd be tempted to bung a couple of quid on this weeks lottery :D

As you are scanning at the self service, your every move is recorded on clear high definition video, from four different angles.
These cover your face and hands and also the whole of the paying area, a camera is also trained on the money dispenser. The security guard told me all of this.

The security guard told me to relax, and said if somebody has stolen the cash, they would be able to see who took the cash, and where they went, as they have cameras covering all of the car park, and along the street.

IF plod could be bothered, they could possibly find the person responsible but as Joe Public, you'd never be allowed to see the video.

Obviously did not need the video, as cash was spotter by a worker.

I've previously left my debit card behind it two different Tescos.
On both occasions I phone them and they had been handed in by staff

It is nice to think most are honest, just the dishonest few makes us think different. :)

Cards handed in SHOULD be destroyed and reported to the issuing bank/company.

Asda have a log book for cash left at the self service cashback machines, they log what was left and at what till. They print off a copy of the receipt, with the amount left and match the receipt with the numpty's receipt(me in this case). A simple and effective method. Apparently, a lot of people do forget their cashback money. :oops: :$

Cards handed in SHOULD be destroyed and reported to the issuing bank/company.
Why?
I very much doubt that most shop staff are into card cloning.
That's the only reason to do as you say, my pin number wasn't with the card so sfa anyone could do with it.

Why?
That's the only reason to do as you say, my pin number wasn't with the card so sfa anyone could do with it.

Could have been used for contactless transaction

Why?

Bank rules I think.

As camerasassin points out, they can now be used for contactless transactions - at least until somewhere asks for a PIN (the N stands for number.)

Could have been used for contactless transaction

Yeah fair point and I guess the bank wouldn't refund unless the card was reported as stolen.

Back