How much for a really decent photo editing display monitor?

Edit My Images
Yes
If i ever changed from Mac I would need help finding a decent monitor, a lot of them seem geared towards gamers.

I'd say for something decent you're looking at £400 minimum. Really how long is a piece of string? What size, resolution and connectivity do you need? You could spend £400 or £4,000 and anything in between.

I'd say for something decent you're looking at £400 minimum. Really how long is a piece of string? What size, resolution and connectivity do you need? You could spend £400 or £4,000 and anything in between.
yes i should have been a bit more specific.around 27 inch,not sure if 4 k is best for editing or not,and lets say for now a budget of £700 ,would have a PC built or buy a Mac mini. would probably be using Afinity photo for editing

£700 would get you something pretty decent at that size, I'm sure you could even stretch to a 32" 4k monitor within that budget.

The price is related to the spectrum of colours. SRGB is normally much cheaper than Adobe RGB. It depends on your editing needs. How critical is colour to your work?

The price is related to the spectrum of colours. SRGB is normally much cheaper than Adobe RGB. It depends on your editing needs. How critical is colour to your work?
Not a massive amount if I’m honest Clint

The problem when changing monitors is getting one that is worse than the one you currently use. You may be able to use your existing monitor on a new setup, otherwise try and find out the specs of your existing monitor to have a baseline. If you have the budget you may want to futureproof it.

I've been looking for a monitor for my new M1 Mac Mini and from reading on here I'm looking for an IPS panel, 10-bit colours, 100% sRGB/Adobe RGB and a high resolution.

I quite fancy a 34" wide monitor (I don't need one, but they look cool and it would be like dual screening without the bezels in the middle) and I've been looking at the Dell P3421W. It's a curved WQHD monitor (3440x1440) with an IPS screen, 10-bit colours and covers 99% sRGB. I reckon I'll bite when it drops to sub £500 (currently ~£550). I never see it mentioned anywhere so not sure if it's a lemon and I'm just missing something lol.

But yes, a huge number of monitors seem geared towards gamers. VA panels with high refresh rates and low input lag. I don't need 144hz and a 1ms lag!

Edit: I has the dumb.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a monitor for my new M1 Mac Mini and from reading on here I'm looking for an IPS panel, 10-bit colours, 100% sRGB/Adobe RGB and a high resolution.

I quite fancy a 34" wide monitor (I don't need one, but they look cool and it would be like dual screening without the bezels in the middle) and I've been looking at the Samsung P3421W. It's a curved WQHD monitor (3440x1440) with an IPS screen, 10-bit colours and covers 99% sRGB. I reckon I'll bite when it drops to sub £500 (currently ~£550). I never see it mentioned anywhere so not sure if it's a lemon and I'm just missing something lol.

But yes, a huge number of monitors seem geared towards gamers. VA panels with high refresh rates and low input lag. I don't need 144hz and a 1ms lag!
the link is a dell?

I quite fancy a 34" wide monitor (I don't need one, but they look cool and it would be like dual screening without the bezels in the middle) and I've been looking at the Dell P3421W. It's a curved WQHD monitor (3440x1440) with an IPS screen, 10-bit colours and covers 99% sRGB. I reckon I'll bite when it drops to sub £500 (currently ~£550). I never see it mentioned anywhere so not sure if it's a lemon and I'm just missing something lol.

Edit: I has the dumb.

99% sRGB - not 100%

What's the adobe colour space coverage?

Back