How small is a springtail?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

This is how small a springtail is, my finger is the big pink thing in this shot :LOL:

I look at a lot of images on TP and see many that I like. However, No1 here is an incredible image. An image like that can go for a lot of money in the right places! :notworthy:

P.S. I'm skint!

Great picture - but how on earth did you see it to get the picture :thinking: I would have needed binoculars to have found it!

Hi Susie, I took it to show the size of critters I shoot as seeing them so big on the screen you don't really get to appreciate their small size. I just placed my finger behind him, they are quite tolerant if you move slowly. You do get used to finding tiny insects after a while.;)

OMG! I put my own finger against the screen on no 1 and got a shock, how small that insect must be!!!!!!! your finger looks positively MONSTER!!!!!

I'm changing my signature, I'm gonna give up macro and turn my hand to the wheel of the potter!
I certainly can't match these!

Don't worry soupdragon, NONE of us can match these! :LOL: we all bow to Alby, :notworthy: :D

Amazing Alby that really shows the scale . I did not realise that they were that small
Thats some achievement getting consistent shots of these guys. I'm into macro but would have trouble seeing these let alone photograph them :D
pete

A great example of how tiny the springtail is!:eek:

I am always very impressed with the quality of your shots Alby, and this is no exception! :clap: Great work fella.(y)

Which lens was it you used for this shot please?

As I said before - fantastic (y)

Thanks for the kind comments everyone very much appreciated ;)

Nomore: I used my panasonic with the raynox msn 202 and onboard flash.

:eek: Thats not "macro" thats "Micro" photography. Great shots.

Back