How strange

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I Was talking to my new next door neighbor ( he moved in about a year ago ) we have had a few chats but today he asked me my last name and it turns out we were friends at school not close but well acquainted as we were in the same class on and off from the age of 5 up to when we left at 15 so iv known him for around 62 years lol

Rob.

I Was talking to my new next door neighbor ( he moved in about a year ago ) we have had a few chats but today he asked me my last name and it turns out we were friends at school not close but well acquainted as we were in the same class on and off from the age of 5 up to when we left at 15 so iv known him for around 62 years lol

Rob.

They say it is a small world and your story above just re-enforces how true that is!

After about 20 years of living outside the city, I moved back in and ended up in a motorbike club (MCC rather than MC). Turned out that 3 of us had been at the same primary school at the same time but in different year groups.

I could never have an illicit affair in the city, even if I wanted to - my wife has had several public facing jobs and knows so many people as a result that I would never get away with it!

They say it is a small world and your story above just re-enforces how true that is!
The strangest experience I had, over 50 years ago, was when I drove from London to South Wales, heading for a tiny village on the other side of the Black Mountains. It was a long drive (no motorways then) and driving on a single track road with a certain-death drop on one side in the pitch black wasn't a good idea, so I pulled into a passing place for the rest of the night and went to sleep. It was my first trip to Wales since childhood.

When I woke in the morning I found that a car had pulled in behind me, for the same reason. The driver got out and I saw that he was a close neighbour, he lived opposite me. We got talking and he told me that this was his first ever trip to Wales:)

Back in 2000, my wife and I were on holiday in Cannes in the South of France. We were in a Carrefour one day, when I saw someone who seemed familar. It was my boss from the 80's, we got chatting and it transpired this was his first ever holiday abroad.

December last year we were in Goa for a wedding of the friend from work. We were visiting the church of Bom Jesus in Panjim, and had just walked out when I saw a small group of our friends from the village here in Oxfordshire - they had just completed a cycle ride from Mumbai to Goa, and that was their rest day before flying home.

Or a couple of years back, where we bumped into a friend we'd not seen for years, in Seville.

There have been a few like this. I think after a while you end up knowing a LOT of people, and by chance it's almost inevitable to meet some of them in remote parts of the world.

Back